Lying GOP congresswoman from Florida tells constituents that inflation is 40%

Fair point, that is a bit different.

6 Likes

The expectations for college students currently are maddening. I have two kids in college right now, and the number of things they have to juggle is nuts. Easily 3-4 x the number of moving parts I have to manage as an established adult. Not the least of which is the financial management of tuition and other expenses associted with attending in-person college.

On top of that, from what I’ve seen, colleges have made less than zero accomodation for students due to COVID. If COVID has disrupted your degree program, even if it was due to the institution screwing up their response, tough shit. If it means you are going to take an extra year or two or three to graduate, oh well. More sweet tuition money for them.

8 Likes

I’m not saying college isn’t [difficult].

Do you go out shopping for their school supplies?

Yes, but are you running for Congress? (If you do run, you’d have my vote)

For the one who is at an internship that runs right up until the first day of Fall Term, yes. Not for the one who is working part-time to make money - he’s got time to do his own shopping and money to cover it.

Not for US Congress, but the Intergalactic Congress of Fly Anglers.

6 Likes

Oh FFS, people;

Teens over the age of 18 should be relatively self sufficient by that age, AND college and all it entails IS expensive as fuck; thereby, if parents can help their college kids financially, it should not be any issue when they do.

Enough petty bullshit already.

And yeah, the congressperson in question is a disingenuous asshole.

9 Likes

I think the discussion of whether parents should shop for their college-age kids is a distraction from the main point:

4 Likes

I don’t disagree.

4 Likes

Sorry about that. I didn’t expect it to go on for so long.

1 Like

Inflation has hit a 40 year high, not 40%. She should get that straight.

1 Like

Where?
Looks like a specialty store of some sort. Not gonna find many bargains there.

Last I looked, dollar stores have those. So does Wally World.

Mechanical pencils are your friend and refills are cheap.

‘Supplies’ could refer to anything, so is kind of a meaningless term, without context.

Just wait until you have to hit the Bookstore. Ay yi yi!

Just now grasping that fact?
Welcome to the Real World.
Good thing you get to vote yourself a raise, isn’t it?

Which makes you part of the problem, then, doesn’t it, Salazar…

‘Lying FDC [formerly ‘GOP’] Politician’ is an excercise in redundancy, since their idol is a skilled, professional liar.

3 Likes

I know you’re joking, but… South FLA Cubans LOVE them some republicans.

2 Likes

Puras mentiras. Yo te escucho y te entiendo señora.

All lies, I hear you and understand you Mrs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.