Lying or hallucinating? Trump remembers a conversation that never happened

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/03/lying-or-hallucinating-trump-remembers-a-conversation-that-never-happened.html

10 Likes

Oh my, TFG fabricating fibs just to try and show he’s not a big sack of feces??

Oh, wait, it’s a day ending in Y, so that’s expected

23 Likes

Assholes gonna asshole.

22 Likes

21 Likes

It’s never really clear whether Trump believes his own nonsense because his history suggests that he thinks he can just speak things into existence. Then he invariably gets angry at objective reality when it fails to back him up.

23 Likes

Quoting myself from another thread:

21 Likes

Nobody has more empathy than Trump.

/s

15 Likes

“Hallucinating” in the AI sense of the word I guess – no attempt to match reality at all, just make up things that sound like they could.

16 Likes

The way that I like to put it is that “He does not have object permanence.” If something isn’t right in front of him, right now it is what he imagines it to be.

9 Likes

Donald Trump has the body of Homer Simpson, but at least “No one golfs like Gaston Donald Trump!”

3 Likes

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Except when it’s malice.

8 Likes

In the case of Trump, it’s both.

12 Likes

This is disgusting but not a surprise from a guy stealing from kids cancer charity.

Fucking ghoul.

12 Likes

I guess that his feelings don’t care about facts. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

4 Likes

GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

6 Likes

We probably know this because he claimed to be ‘hugely pathetic’.

5 Likes

Patrick Troughton Animation GIF by Doctor Who

2 Likes

He also breathes at about the same rate.

He doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.
He lied, pure & simple.

8 Likes

Lying or hallucinating?

First one, then the other.

Well, bullshitting more than lying. It’s lying if he knows it’s not true. It’s not that he knows, it’s that he doesn’t care whether it’s true or not. He will say whatever sounds good, with a sociopathic disregard for truth.

Then, whatever has come out of his mouth he will believe to be what happened. Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

Both are symptoms of dementia.

(Dementia doesn’t give him an out: he was always a sociopathic grifting narcissistic fabulist. It’s just that he’s now an increasingly demented one.)

11 Likes