Macron pokes fun at Trump with name of new website: Make Our Planet Great Again

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/08/macron-pokes-fun-at-trump-with.html

2 Likes

If I were in a science position threatened by The Orange One’s shenanigans, I would be sorely tempted. As it is, the best I can do is work to help those stuck here dealing with said shenanigans.

3 Likes

Perhaps the obviously shortsighted response of withdrawing from the Paris agreement will ultimately make it clear to people how important it is to take action and to take a stance. The sad logic of " if the idiot is against it then it must have some value" may be at play. Sad that things appear to be working that way but it seems a possibility to me.

4 Likes

Oh, this is kind of scary. Jewish scientists fled Hitler’s Germany, with many moving to the US. I can just see the reverse happening.

4 Likes

Ahh, the French!

2 Likes

If it was 1976 I’d have gladly moved to France instead of California, but here I must stay to keep the Resistance strong.

4 Likes

USA.
It was fun (for some people) while it lasted.

2 Likes

Don’t think inviting climate scientists to France is a clever move, given that the Populist of the United States of America already made clear to his fervent supporters that Paris, not Pittsburgh, would benefit from the Paris Agreement.

Such a mess.

Yes, we can be very nice assholes sometimes…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.