Madison Cawthorn's farewell warns against becoming a 'soft metrosexual' and social media

Originally published at: Madison Cawthorn's farewell warns against becoming a 'soft metrosexual' and social media | Boing Boing

9 Likes

“Metrosexual” ?
Hello, the 90’s called…

32 Likes

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

38 Likes

And all this time I thought it was the fluoride in our water.
according war room GIF

36 Likes

hahaha so long asshole! don’t let the door hit you on that masculine ass on the way out.

28 Likes

I’ve never understood the people who like to shout out how afraid they are of everything, run from it and call it strength.

40 Likes

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

28 Likes

To be feared?

He wants to be feared as a man?

Holy shit. That’s olympic sized red flags there, dude.

34 Likes

Okaaay…

33 Likes

“Our young men are taught that weakness is strength, that delicacy is desirable, and that being a soft metrosexual is more valuable than training the mind, body, and soul!” he declared. “Social media has weakened us, siphoning our men of their will to fight!”

Fuck right off, you insecure, cowardly, brick-witted thug.

38 Likes

“Will you become a man to be feared, to be respected …”

There’s your problem. Madison doesn’t know there’s a difference.

32 Likes

I am so tired of this trope. Pretty much every generation will start to complain about how “soft”, “weak”, or “unruly” and will doom the future if they don’t get their act together.

It is all BS.

20 Likes

37 Likes

Great that he’s out.
But what remains is the painfully stupid and dangerous disease still pervading men, that “fear = respect”.

11 Likes

‘Will you become a man to be feared, to be respected’

Tells you everything that he thinks ‘fear’ and ‘respect’ go hand in hand.

I pity any future kids.

14 Likes

Conservatives are the most macho, manly-man, rugged individuals ever.

And yet they are somehow threatened by a skinny dude carrying a purse.

40 Likes

Humping your cousin is apparently the best way to avoid becoming a metrosexual.

32 Likes

I don’t understand the etymology of this word, does a “metrosexual” want to have sex with cities or subways?

4 Likes

Seriously. For a second I was like “I don’t think anyone has used that word since before this douchenozzle was even born…”

19 Likes

Strictly speaking “metro” doesn’t mean city – that’s the polis half of metropolis. “Metro” means mother.
(But metrosexual is just a portmanteau from metropolitan, not actually anything to do with that fortunately.)

19 Likes