Madison Cawthorn's farewell warns against becoming a 'soft metrosexual' and social media

Been awhile since I had a good siphoning.

Or am I misunderstanding his words?

3 Likes

It means that some asshole wants to call you a fag, but they can’t because the Woke Left took their freedoms.

14 Likes

baselessly claimed that his GOP colleagues took part in drug-fueled orgies…

Matt Gaetz is one of those colleagues, and we don’t know who Cawthorn meant, but it’s pretty much a matter of record that Gaetz does drug filled orgies, exceedingly unlikely that Gaetz is the only one. And, of course, if all GOP congressfolk spent all their time in drug fueled orgies instead of carrying out their legislative agenda, the world would be a better place.

19 Likes

Is it typical to allow one-term congressmen who didn’t survive even their primary, and whose only contribution to Congress, their constituents, and the nation, appeared to be performative outrage on social media, to give a “farewell address”?

Anyway, good riddance. I’m sure he’ll be welcome on Newsmax or OANN. The real shame is the other conspicuous performers of conservative outrage from the MAGA/QAnon wing of what used to be called the “Grand Old Party,” but is now little more than a personality cult that serves as a megaphone for one failed man’s grievances, didn’t lose their elections, too.

11 Likes

There’s a wiki page just for what you asked.
Apparently, David Beckham might be. Though I just consider him to be well-dressed.
It’s funny, earlier in this decade and before that I was “accused” of being such because I dressed nice for work when I did work in an office and I actually did (still do, I suppose) know how to dress appropriately for certain occasions. Which I found odd.

10 Likes

Bye Felicia.

Ice Cube Friday GIF

9 Likes

I assume it was scheduled between 2 and 2:05 AM when all his colleagues are elsewhere attending drug-filled orgies…

15 Likes

I think Al Pacino’s character in Scarface was the original metrosexual (NSFW) Al Pacino - This town is like a great big pussy... (Scarface) 1983 | GOOD QUALITY MOVIE QUOTES - YouTube

Though Tony Montana would be welcomed by the GOP as a business man who’s not a politician, just a little rough around the edges.

5 Likes

Given his…illustrious…biography so far I’m a bit surprised that Cawthorn is sufficiently familiar with the concept of respect to even invoke it rhetorically. You certainly don’t see much evidence that he’s ever granted, received, or deserved it.

9 Likes

Recently (as part of a plea asking Beckham to stop doing PR work for Qatar) comedian Joe Lycett pointed out Beckham’s past support of gay causes and said that “marrying a Spice Girl is the gayest thing you can do.”

10 Likes

From what I’ve been led to believe by ZZ Top, everyone goes crazy for a sharp-dressed man.

13 Likes

Yea, now I’m in shorts every day since I work from home… :slight_smile:

Zz Top GIFs | Tenor

10 Likes

This should get him entry on the “likely to be the perpetrator of the next mass killing” watch list

8 Likes

Point of order: no they are not. At all. This is nonsense.

At best, in some places, boys are now taught that rape is wrong and you’re allowed to be gay. But mainstream culture for boys (especially games) is much more focused on violence, martial themes, veneration of the military and laissez-faire individualism than it ever was in the 20th century. That’s how you get Madison Cawthorn.

If you look at Jack London or Leave it to Beaver or the Scout Law or whatever, you will not find the kind of manly virtues he thinks he’s evoking. You will find a lot of stuff that Ashley Madison would probably consider gay as shit. He’s confusing “traditional manliness” with “crimes men used to get away with more”, because he’s a bewildered shithead.

19 Likes

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

14 Likes

May his continued existence result in no further harm to others.
May his obituary be a source of laughter & derision.

11 Likes

“Our young men are taught that weakness is strength, that delicacy is desirable, and that being a soft metrosexual is more valuable than training the mind, body, and soul!” he declared. “Social media has weakened us, siphoning our men of their will to fight!”

I, for one, welcome our caring, sharing replacements. The kids are alright :+1:

18 Likes

I hope that his obituary reads, “He lived long enough to see his toxic world-view wither and die; and he learned to not mourn that loss. He died surrounded by found family, and knew that he had gained love and acceptance by giving the same.”

13 Likes

The existence of soft metrosexuals implies that there are also hard metrosexuals, and now I have a new life goal.

8 Likes

9 Likes