Madison Cawthorn's farewell warns against becoming a 'soft metrosexual' and social media

I think it means someone who likes to have sex in subways. Or else looks at that big, inviting hole and feels somehow… inadequate.

2 Likes

Why do obviously broken man-child fuckwits like this get put into positions where they can influence governments?

12 Likes

There are plenty of good, well-adjusted folks who get into politics for good reasons but I think there’s also a subset of folks who are fundamentally broken and are constantly seeking validation to fill holes in their lives, and getting elected to public office or being a public figure is once way to get that kind of validation. These folks certainly aren’t interested in governing.

5 Likes

Or could be he’s just a power-hungry asshole, who failed up in life…

12 Likes

For most people, being like him would not result in validation and reward though. I do believe it is a symptom of failed judgement and bad ideals.

8 Likes

Broken man-child fuckwits vote them in. I’m not sure how we got to the point where a third of all voters are complete monsters, but that’s kind of the source of the problem. They get put into positions of power because people actually want them there, to represent their interests- which have nothing to do with actually solving any problems or making anyone’s lives better, even the voters’ own. For a surprisingly large number of people, cruelty is the highest priority, over and above even their own wellbeing. If given the choice between a world where everyone’s needs were met and everyone was treated with dignity and a post-apocalyptic hellscape where they get to murder strangers consequence-free at the cost of having to eat rats and dying decades early from previously-preventable diseases, they’d choose the latter every time.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.