MAGA grifters cash in selling fake cures to imaginary disease

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/maga-grifters-cash-in-selling-fake-cures-to-disease-x.html

3 Likes

Medical professionals: We have developed a vaccine that dramatically increases your chances of surviving an extremely well-documented disease that has killed millions in a global pandemic. And you can get it for free!

MAGA folks: Ugh, no thanks.

Grifters: We have a cure for an affliction you’ve never heard of but we definitely didn’t just make up called “Disease X.”

MAGA folks: That’s the letter Elon is always talking about, it must be legit! Shut up and take my money!

25 Likes

Disease X is real, someone paid 44 billions to create it.

15 Likes

Grift is an integral part of modern American conservativism, and has been for decades.

The Long Con by Rick Perlstein

11 Likes

and also mutate viruses with radiation

If you get bit by a radioactive virus, do you get viral superpowers and become Virus Man?

3 Likes

Does it keep away tigers too?

talking homer simpson GIF

10 Likes

As long as they don’t call their medicine a vaccine, they can sell anything.

2 Likes

Didn’t this used to be called Disease Twitter?

11 Likes

Yes and.

4 Likes

Disease X is an imaginary target, created and defined by the WHO, to be used as an exercise to improve the globe’s responses from lessons learned over the last several years. I was unaware the world could learn anything.

10 Likes

Good grief … “Disease X” is a hypothetical outbreak of an as yet unidentified pathogen.

USED FOR PLANNING PURPOSES!

5 Likes

I hesitate to try to imagine what someone must believe about medical R&D if they take the idea that a small grab bag of medications chosen off the shelf now, by people who don’t yet know what the globalist biowarfare teams are even cooking up, could possibly be useful(a selection of powerful painkillers that the DEA would probably be humorless about excepted; you can’t treat everything but you can make dying of it less ghastly…).

Some weird combination of medicine being outright magically powerful; while at the same time being profoundly trivial.

2 Likes

I mean, anything that gets MAGA cultists to poison themselves has a silver lining, I suppose. As long as they’re not allowed to give it to their kids. Which I’m sure they will. :angry:

5 Likes

The Gateway Pundit

I had one of those, without the “pundit” part.
It came with spots (on the box) like a cow for reasons.

4 Likes
6 Likes

I held a water bottle next to my ear like I saw in the “AROUND THE WEB” ad below this post, and it cured my Disease X. There’s a reason doctors recommend that one simple trick.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with the characterization in the one box, or I’m a whole lot less charitable than the author.

trend in which antivax doctors have predictably become just quacks.

They didn’t go from antivax to become quacks, if you’re antivax, you’re a quack, full stop.

12 Likes

I know a great kit to protect you from all diseases known and unknown:
How much would YOU pay?

9 Likes

Given that one of the nasty little side effects of climate change is likely to be increased frequency of pandemics, this is a grift that plans ahead far enough to anticipate the next COVID. They won’t have to scramble to sell horse medicine since they’ve already got their stock in hand. :sob:

3 Likes

Aren’t these prescription medicines? Or 3 of them are, I think. How are they selling these legally? Are they actually issuing prescriptions? Is that legal?

4 Likes