MAGA pastor claims Tucker Carlson's departure was due to demonic forces, not advertiser boycotts or misogynistic remarks

Originally published at: MAGA pastor claims Tucker Carlson's departure was due to demonic forces, not advertiser boycotts or misogynistic remarks | Boing Boing

5 Likes

23 Likes

Past his bedtime.

14 Likes

Yes, Pastor, and you’re part of it.

19 Likes

“Tucker Carlson is gone because of spiritual warfare,” he yelled into his microphone.

That’s Preacher behaviour, rather than Pastor behaviour.

12 Likes

like demons don’t have better things to do than f**k with tucker. come on now, Pastor.

6 Likes

Is it me or is the good, uh, whatever is getting ready to throat the mic?

1 Like

So, so wrong. So wrong, that it’s just right.

8 Likes

Those pesky demons, always doing god’s will in ways the faithful just can’t abide. Maybe he should see a professional about these discomfitting feelings instead of braying about them.

3 Likes

Well, on the plus side it’s nice (or at least interesting) to see Rupert Murdoch now being lumped into the same bin as George Soros by the wingnuts.

And all these years later I wish I’d tried “vast demonic forces are to blame” instead of saying “the dog ate my homework.” Live and learn.

13 Likes

The fun thing about a “demonic power” theory, just like “The Secret” or any other theory of woo-ful underpinnings is that even if you accept all the mundane, earthly reasoning, you can just shift to reasoning that they were ultimately caused by whatever unseen force you prefer. It’s pretty foolproof (meaning it fools you, even if there’s proof) once you get on board.

4 Likes

Just listening to the cadence of his speech, it’s so obvious that this is just the televangelist grift repackaged for the 2020s. There was a time when these nutjobs were confined to revival tents and the 2am time slot on obscure cable tv channels that most people never watched. Now, unfortunately, they’re all over social media available to be seen anytime day or night, and they can use the same algorithm manipulating bullshit more innocuous influencers use to show up on people’s recommendations.

13 Likes

The good news is that in the battle of demons vs Fox News and Tucker Carlson, the demons are winning.

14 Likes

I’m on team demon!

11 Likes

What kind of Christian says that demons are more powerful than god?

10 Likes

I’ve seen this guy before. Total fucking nut job. I think one time he was bragging about some gold plated Trump coins.

5 Likes

It’s demons all the way down.

5 Likes

That is a masterful freexe-frame.

Pretty sure that’s Jerry Lewis doing a bit. He’s in rare form with those grotesque expressions.

2 Likes

Velcome to BB!

8 Likes