MAGA pundits claim CIA behind viral "weird" meme trend

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/31/maga-pundits-claim-cia-behind-viral-weird-meme-trend.html

2 Likes

That is precisely the sort of claim a weirdo would make.

50 Likes

How about combining weird with other words? They could use weird and loser, for example… I bet the weird weirdos would be even more irritated.

19 Likes

I’m not surprised Dave Rubin is complaining. He lost control of his own subreddit years ago, and they’ve been calling him weird in there for a long time. It’s pretty funny. Reddit is mostly garbage, but r/daverubin consistently roasts him, which cracks me up. He was interviewing someone a couple of years ago (that guy who wrote that Google memo that Google fired him over…I forget his name), and that guy brought up Rubin’s subreddit during the interview, because of how anti-Rubin it seemed, and Rubin couldn’t change subjects fast enough. It’s pretty funny. Dave Rubin has no shame and no self respect, and is very, very weird.

26 Likes

Strange, peculiar, odd, bizarre…

15 Likes

So which government agency was responsible for sheep and sheeple.

20 Likes

I’m glad this is working but I’ll freely admit I don’t understand why it’s working. If you call these people racist or fascist they wear it as a badge of honor but they get upset if you call them weird? Also, I’m a little worried Mr Yankovic will caught in the crossfire.
Weird Al What GIF by First We Feast

38 Likes

It’s all very…weird.

10 Likes

Calling them racist or fascist is like calling good old Yankovic weird…it doesn’t insult them because they think it’s actually a good thing. But the fascists are fixated on the idea that there is one single way everyone must be, and they know weird means they’re not it.

36 Likes

Dehumanizing and referring to other people as “NPCs” is super uberweird.

33 Likes

So the CIA is behind the “weird” meme, and the Deep State is behind the CIA. I think I know where this is leading…

26 Likes

I think that a lot of these folks truly believe “people actually agree with me in secret, but are afraid to say it.” Being the victim, and being the in-the-know truth-teller is such a huge part of their identity that to suggest that “hey, actually: most people think you’re weird” strikes at their very core. They’re not the clued in main character anymore; and there’s a real reason their family stopped calling.

33 Likes

It’s interesting how quickly the fascists have adopted “NPC” as their preferred replacement for “Untermensch” (or the earlier, English equivalent). That is very clearly how it’s being used and exactly what they mean.

Because these are the sorts of conformists who spent their lives bullying other people by calling them weird. The turnabout stings.

24 Likes

“Creepy” is next. It does the same thing as weird, but ratcheted to the next level because it reverses their obsession with “groomers” back upon them.

30 Likes

Weird.

10 Likes

SO the consensus is that he is weird. Not sure this video is helps this person make their point at all.

12 Likes

Al will get by just fine—he’s been the true puppet master behind the Deep State this entire time.

IMG_1984

33 Likes

You know what really feels like stuff out of a CIA playbook: claiming “witch hunts” and “rigged elections” and “fake news”.

22 Likes

what a way to respond to being called weird. do more weird sh*t.

keep it up, stable geniuses! it is working!

16 Likes

Lot of people calling a weird sack of shit a weird sack of shit?! It must be a CIA PsyOp!!!

@Kilkrazy “Funny, peculiar and strange indeedy…”

cast

“I’ll take, “What is the International Jewish Conspiracy” for $50, Alex.”

17 Likes