MAGA rioter's lawyer claims his client tried to "help" the Capitol officer he assaulted and robbed

Originally published at: MAGA rioter's lawyer claims his client tried to "help" the Capitol officer he assaulted and robbed | Boing Boing

6 Likes

i-love-lucy

15 Likes

Did they just… forget that the officer survived to contradict them? Why even attempt this obvious a lie?

20 Likes

A good occasion to re-ask this question:

20 Likes

They’re so conditioned to lying to themselves and everyone around them that I don’t think they recognize when they’re doing it anymore. They wake up in the morning, put their crazy pants on, and start blathering.

They can’t even remember to suppress it when they’re standing before a judge.

I am impressed that the judge interrupted the lawyer’s closing statement to call them on it. And I doubt this bit of unrepentant bullshit helped his defendant get fewer months.

16 Likes

i would love to help Sibick as much as i can. i’d like to help, and help, and help, and help all day, all night. just keep helping.

4 Likes

I read something saying that most criminals are stupid people who think that they are very smart. For instance, imagine a stupid burglar who leaves a trail of evidence behind but believes that he is an invincible criminal mastermind who leaves no trace. When he is inevitably arrested, he believes that somebody must have ratted on him because he would never have been caught otherwise. This line of thinking means that stupid criminals are also paranoid, imagining betrayal everywhere as the only reason why they get caught.

13 Likes

Try this some time:

“Hey officer, you need some help? Let me carry your gun for you.”

On second thought, don’t try that.

8 Likes

That ability right there separates you from the MAGAts. They anppear incapable of having two thoughts in the same context.

7 Likes

Something like “We’re the Wet Bandits!”, right?

The police arrive and arrest Harry and Marv, having identified all the houses that they broke into due to Marv’s habit of flooding them.

4 Likes

Because they believe in what they did, and believe their own lies about what happened and why. They think that they are in the right here.

7 Likes

He just tried to relieve him from the burdens of wealth and consciousness.

7 Likes

A family member with a pretty heinous criminal past always says shit like “when they put this charge on me” and refers to his time in prison in an exonerative way. It’s utterly infuriating and utterly familiar.

6 Likes

Like Trump, you mean?

7 Likes

Damn, I hope we get to refer to him as convicted in the past tense one day.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.