MAGA snowflakes triggered by Pink Floyd's new logo

Didn’t the Saudis outlaw rainbows on toys and clothes at some point? I don’t think it’s even hyperbole to suggest some people think that’s a great idea.

8 Likes

How can it be 50 years?

"Matter of fact
it’s all dark."

8 Likes

No true Pink Floyd fan would mistake the allusion of the graphic.

Also, the cover art is the representation of a friggin’ prism, fee floyd’s sake! Evidently the laws of physics are woke. (And thank goodness, too!)

10 Likes

Pink Floyd: There is no dark side of the moon. It’s all dark

MAGA Snowflakes? There is no rainbow. It’s all light.

It’s all that commie Newton’s fault, of course. /s

2 Likes

What is more gay that a straight white beam going into the pyramid and coming out totally gay? The answer none, none more gay.

5 Likes

I’m calling cynical. After 50 years, do you honestly think that the band are going to change the iconic images used for all this time, just in case it triggers some whiney, pearl-clutching assholes, mouths all pursed up like a poodle’s bottom? And Pink Floyd, needing press on the 50th anniversary of their greatest selling album? Honestly, son, give me a break!

17 Likes

Only in the sense that it reminds just how fucking old i am. Damn it. 50 years? Seriously?

No No No GIF

21 Likes

Canceled? Canceled?! My word!

What’s mind-boggling to me is that 50 years before Dark Side of the Moon is 1922. Music went through a lot of changes from 1922 to 1972. It feels like it slowed down a lot since then.

16 Likes

Bingo! And what do these nitwits do when they realize oil slicks reflect light kinda like this?

6 Likes

13 Likes

Wait til they discover Queen.

18 Likes

I do believe Pink Floyd has a song about them:

Brain Damage

The lunatic is on the grass.
The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I’m sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There’s someone in my head but it’s not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you’re in starts playing different tunes
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon.

7 Likes

On acid this line absolutely mesmerized me. Just . . . Mesmerized.

6 Likes

They’ll really lose their shit over Erasure and Pet Shop Boys… Stay mum about Pansy Division, too.

7 Likes

They’ll be banning some books, or maybe taking out the illustration.

illustration-of-bible-stories-noah-s-ark-and-the-animals-good-for-children-s-bibles-printing-posters-websites-and-more-vector

7 Likes

Seems to me I have previously read of Christian organizations that made use of the rainbow (as part of their logo or in stories/materials), as an explicit reference to that story, getting flack from other Christians who now can’t see the rainbow as anything but a gay symbol.

7 Likes

From “buy sheet music at the store and play it yourself on your own personal piano” to “buy vinyl record albums at the store and play them on the biggest stereo you can afford”

and from “buy vinyl record albums at the store and play them on the biggest stereo you can afford” to “stream any music ever recorded anytime you want on your own pocket supercomputer”

are both enormous leaps in technology :thinking:

15 Likes

It’s doublethink - any contradiction in thought is reconciled by following the party line even if is the opposite of what it was yesterday.

@Jeddak

It isn’t just boomers, but even Gen Z knows what the cover of The Dark Side of the Moon looks like.

Next thing you know the reactionaries will be banning Noah’s Ark because God created a rainbow at the end of the story.

HIDE THE CHILDREN! DRAG QUEENS!

10 Likes

True. I was talking more about musical style.

I haven’t crunched the numbers, but I believe a random sample of music from 1972 will sound a lot more similar to a random sample of music from 2022 than a random sample from 1922.

A decade+ ago, I was driving across rural Queensland and looking for local FM radio. I stumbled across a classic rock station that called itself “Rebel Rock”. They seemed to like playing AC/DC, Deep Purple, etc. Music that had proven commercially successful for decades. I struggled to imagine something less rebellious. At the time, this music was 40 years old, and I tried to imagine a time when this music was new, and a radio station playing music from the 1930s and 40s calling itself “Rebel [something]”.

12 Likes