MAGA snowflakes triggered by Pink Floyd's new logo

When I was looking for Noah’s ark illustrations, I noticed that some of them didn’t have the colors in the right order. I wonder if that was deliberate, or just ignorance of science and observation?

6 Likes

I’d say that the last big jumps in mainstream music were hip-hop, synth-pop and house/techno/drum and bass, so that would be the 1970s to 1990s. since then things have been evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

The underground music scenes are different, they can play around with ideas that the major labels don’t like, but they always have been like that.

11 Likes

Rebel Swing. Rebel Big Band. Rebel Polka!

Yeah, I’m not feeling it either.

7 Likes

It’s God, He could make a rainbow look like Mr Blobby if he wanted to.

10 Likes

At least this one has a male and female lion.

3 Likes

Yes, but would it still promise the same thing?

God's sign

17 Likes

It’s ironic that Frauenfelder drops this “delicate boomer bigotry” slur into an article about a band that are themselves boomers. Ironic and really fucking annoying.

7 Likes

Mambo Punk!

7 Likes

They will eventually blame proton decay on the liberals.

12 Likes

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

7 Likes

In this country “rebel whatever” is usually code for Confederate sympathies :grimacing:

10 Likes

May I humbly suggest:

whiteflag

11 Likes

But ‘live only’ to recorded/reproduced was the biggest one.

I seem to recall that video, whilst ‘oh that’s funny’ in the UK on Top of the Pops, was the subject of some controversy in the US, with MTV effectively banning it.

7 Likes

You know one study is not sufficient evidence to “prove” that homophobic BS, right?

14 Likes

And there are lots of people who scream loudly about miscegenation while secretly carrying on interracial affairs. That doesn’t mean we can ascribe every act of racial bigotry to sexual attraction.

15 Likes

Issa Rae Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

Never, never draw significant conclusions from a single study, especially a very small one. The best you can do with a study like this is end it with “Further study is needed.”

12 Likes

Fwiw even if it were true and literally 100% of all anger and hate directed at gay people stemmed from repressed homosexuality as opposed to, say, redirected anger from family problems or job dissatisfaction or self-loathing around other personal problems… Even then it would still ultimately be a self-defeating homophobic argument to use homosexuality to shame them.

15 Likes

Said paper is preliminary, noting it does not really distinguish effects of anxiety from arousal (surprise, they say further study is needed). It also does not break down the populations to distinguish whether all homophobes are associated or some are, even out of its n=35 sample, which is not a lot.

I would consider it evidence that repressed people can be homophobic. It is not grounds to wash straight people’s hands of the problem, the way blaming all homophobia on gays does, even before you get to the other good reasons not to do that.

15 Likes