MAGA will block a Kamala Harris win before final results roll in, says report

Originally published at: MAGA will block a Kamala Harris win before final results roll in, says report - Boing Boing

19 Likes

I hope that Secretaries of State and Attorneys General put the pressure on any canvassers that refuse to fulfill the duties of their office. Local canvassers do not have the authority to refuse certification based on their whims.

And a reminder to anyone eager to fall on their sword in service to the Trump Cult:
fe8304a9-e320-4046-a29b-885392cfa801_text-2988381298

39 Likes

These seats are why it’s important to always vote. Downballot roles are often more impactful than those at the top.

40 Likes

Try it, motherfuckers. Trump wouldn’t be President until January even in the case of fuckery, and Biden has been granted sweeping new powers by the USSC. This country will BURN if they try to pull that shit, and they’re not going to like the result.

45 Likes

"Since you can’t win fair and square, cheat " – the semi-official motto of the GOP.

28 Likes

They can try. I think they will make a half-assed effort to do this, and the second they meet actual legal resistance, they will fold faster than me with a 2-7 off suit in a game of Texas Hold Em.

39 Likes

History is full of arrogant people with evil plots that could never fail – until they completely collapse into ash and ruin.

(Although history is also full of people who died in evil plots that could never fail, so no one get too overconfident, a’ight?)

16 Likes

MAGA is on its 4 or 5th string of lawyers and they didn’t have a deep pool of talent and skill to begin with.

The FBI and every decent state attorney general needs to get busy. Surely a few of the election denying officials have something they could be jailed for. This is MAGA after all.

32 Likes

That’s not how it works. Any state that fails to certify by the Safe Harbor date just doesn’t get counted, and voters in that state will file an injunction against any entity failing to certify, as it means their votes won’t count. It’s important to be prepared for it, but it’s not like failure to certify will stop the election or it’s results.

42 Likes

It’s really peak Trump to call out by name the people working for him: “And these are the people who are going to help steal the election for me.”

If any kind of conspiracy charge can come out of this, he’s just handed the prosecution a giant freebie by proving that he had prior knowledge of exactly who would be putting their thumbs on the scale.

37 Likes

f-those-people-620x348

fuck-them-lucky-emory

Oh, and
FOAD rupert

23 Likes

22 Likes

Yeah, but the result will ultimately be a disrupted election with irregularities that they’ll be able to point to and say, “Look, it was stolen from us!” It won’t matter that they’re the ones responsible for the irregularities. All that will matter to them is that the election wasn’t certified and someone had to step in and do something unprecedented. It’ll just drive MAGA distrust of the system and fuel the cult and, in their minds, justify whatever violence they perpetrate.

16 Likes

But again, let 'em try it. I get the feeling that our national appetite for tolerating the violent antics of these treasonous assholes is waning. I don’t see them being handled with the same kid gloves as the Jan 6 seditionists. Things might have to come to a head before we can purge MAGA, but it will eventually be purged if the current trend continues. I really couldn’t give a flying fuck if a dwindling number of Trumpist mouth-breathers lack confidence in the system.

20 Likes

Anyone attempting this scheme is a traitor.

24 Likes

It sure seems like this ought to apply, but IANAL,
The title of it sure seems to fit…

9 Likes

MAGA will say it was stolen no matter what. I care not one good damn what they think. Trying to appease or pacify them is a fool’s errand. Overwhelm them, and if they try to get frisky, well, they may find out what FAFO actually means.

31 Likes

I was thinking more of all the crimes they have already committed. Seems like a day doesn’t go by that some MAGA is caught with CSAM or bribes or domestic violence or sexual assault. Something to convict and get them in jail without all the bullshit dragging out we saw with the Jan 6 insurrectionists and Trump.
Once the election is safely done and Harris and Walz sworn in, then we can have RICO extravaganza while they race one another to turn state’s evidence.

24 Likes

Wisconsin was outside Safe Harbor in 2020, but was still counted.

As I’ve read it, Congress shouldn’t be able to challenge anything submitted within Safe Harbor and state sovereignty, but the Jan 6th treason did that. :person_shrugging:

Wasn’t there some legislation post-Jan 6th to plug some of those gaps?

12 Likes

King Biden it is, then.

Checkmate, libs!

6 Likes