Magical History Tour

2 Likes

1930-11-05 - The World’s first television commercial

1 Like

Was it “Cars For Kids”?

The Eugène Method of permanent hair waving.

1 Like
4 Likes

History of nuclear energy - https:// www.world-nuclear. org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/outline-history-of-nuclear-energy.aspx

2 Likes

November 9 is a mixed bag…

4 Likes

I believe that John Adams, Sam Adams and Thomas Paine are the only Founding Fathers who never enslaved people.

4 Likes

Franklin was an abolitionist later, but it appears he did own slaves at one point and sold ad space for the slave trade:

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes
4 Likes

Well, if it’s air-time busting half-hour Canadian folk songs you’re wanting, I see “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” and raise you Loreena McKennit’s “Lady of Shallot”, released this month of November in 1991 and running 11:34. She wrote it at request of her music producer who was looking for a hit that would get lots of radio time… historicity of the tale in question is dubious… :thinking: poem itself duly tweaked from Tennyson’s version… remains a song for which I have a soft spot…

Followed on the same album by a song which I’m not alone in considering to be her worst…

2 Likes

I counter with Sonny Rollins albums. Full LP side songs. My choice for bathroom breaks when I did community radio

2 Likes
8 Likes

Note to self: buy cigarettes.

Menthol cigarettes.

1 Like
5 Likes