Magnificent steel toilet flushes forty golf balls with ease

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/13/magnificent-steel-toilet-flush.html

7 Likes

Given the usual market for stainless steel toilets, this seems like a great tool for getting rid of contraband before cell inspections.

18 Likes

Can someone please remind me how to remove a video from my YouTube history?

I’m getting some crappy recommendations after watching this.

16 Likes

A little late Rob but, Merry Xmas!

12 Likes

Finally, a throne that’s suitable for (someone who’s thinks they’re) a king

15 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind if I ever eat 40 golf balls.

12 Likes

Wish I could’ve installed one of these at my house. (Not that I have enough pressure or flow for a tankless fixture.) When I was looking to replace the pathetic low-flow fixtures that came with my house, I walked into the appliance store and said “I want a flush so strong that the lights dim.”

Yeah, I got a lot of blank looks. And some somewhat less mediocre johns.

12 Likes

I highly recommend the American Standard Champion series. In a previous house we would clog it 2 or 3 times a week, once I installed one of these it was once or twice a year.

As a side, my parents still have a +3 gallon toliet. It takes forever to flush. The first 20 seconds is literally a gallon of water going in to swirl everything. I don’t think flow pressure has much to do with clogging. I think the old toliets were just better at spin due to the extra water.

5 Likes

Blimey, I bet that thing makes your ears pop when you flush it.

I liked the ritualistic feel to the video; almost like these were priests making sacrifices to placate Cloaca Maxima.

That really made me giggle like a gurgling drain.

13 Likes

Yes, but is it good enough to retire the fecal cleaver?

2 Likes

I think they should market it as a toilet and spray painter.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s cool, but let’s see how it handles a small plastic cup - which is a toilet killer

3 Likes

This was a few years ago now. Really, anything was better than the ones I had. Yeah, I miss the old high-flow toilets. I jokingly asked my dad to leave his toilets to me in his will.

You’re probably right about the flow vs. pressure. You have to use a conventional tank toilet in areas (like most residences) where you can’t get sufficient pressure and flow. That’s why you only see tankless toilets like this steel one in institutional and commercial builds. Originally, they could make up for poor pressure by lifting a large amount of water above the bowl, so it had some velocity and pressure when it flushed. Makes me wonder if those old timey toilets with the tank four feet above the bowl ever clogged.

2 Likes

Popular local donut shop Lamar’s.

Oh hey, Kansas City?
[check’s Metcraft business address]

Yep

5 Likes

If you’re serious it’s a pretty easy process. Go to History, there it should show you the videos you’ve last seen and you can just delete them by pressing on X if you’re on a desktop. If you’re on mobile press on the 3 vertical dots, on the drop down menu select Remove From Watch History.

5 Likes

This video also sums up how I feel about Lamar’s donuts.

2 Likes

Al Bundy would be proud.

Ba-Whoosshh!

6 Likes

Fine, but now your septic tank or sewer is plugged up with golf balls or what ever else you decided to flush.

1 Like

By then it will be too late.

4 Likes

Time (and golf balls) will pass slowly.

3 Likes