Major airlines won't fly kidnapped children anymore, but Trump is still welcome in the UK

What does not work is your equating what my government today does in my name to what a government in the past did for others, and what a third party - an individual today making comments online does for him or herself. While it is a well constructed double fallacy (or is it a false trichotomy??) on your part, you don’t HAVE to turn on the gaslight, roxanne…

1 Like

To say I am disappointed by our Government’s response is very much an understatement.
It’s difficult for May to respond as she herself enacted similar practices in this country.
She has no moral authority or scruples.

What you do there, I saw it.

1 Like

Thought exercise? Doesn’t he know we call that GAME THEORY now?

1 Like

Constitutional monarch, can only act on “advice” (read “instructions”) from her ministers. Elected government says she meets him, she meets him. Elected government says she snubs him, she snubs him.

Ahem ahem. Charles II is the guy we brought in after Cromwell II (Richard Cromwell, aka “Tumbledown Dick”).

Something I never knew before: despite his brief tenure, Richard was Britain’s longest-lived head of state (dying at the ripe old age of 85) until about six years ago, when Brenda passed him.

2 Likes

“Trump is still welcome in the UK”

No, he’s not. Ask anyone. Well, almost anyone. He may have bought Teresa May heart and soul (both items shop soiled, and reduced for quick sale). He claims to have influenced the UK elections (we still don’t know where the Ulster Unionists got their Cambridge Analytica funds from) and the Brexit referendum (“Mister Brexit”), and she seems to owe him for that, or something. Which is weird, as Brexit was supposed to be about opposing foreign interference.

2 Likes

And before we swapped the whole family for a something a little less Catholic - Twice.

1 Like

I would think she would want to, to get first hand experience of how badly the colonies have fucked up this time.

Especially if he treats her like he does any other woman he meets.

If thinking of him treating the Queen of England like every other woman that he meets made you shudder and recoil, good. That’s the correct response.

1 Like

In this case “thought exercise” was a synonym for “plan of action.”

Ok, this is why I’m sure they absolutely don’t at this point:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/393311-ian-bremmer-trump-tossed-candy-to-merkel-during-g-7-said-dont

6 Likes

Perhaps. Again…we can flip tables and say “FUCK IT I GIVE UP” with little to no impact on how our nation and another nation interact.

World leaders…yeah, not so much.

If you do not see it that way, that’s perfectly fine. Agree to disagree.

1 Like

It can always get worse.

2 Likes

They have no plans. They are not even recording which kids belong to which parents.

An article yesterday had an Immigration judge in Texas pointing out to the prosecutors that if they take your wallet when you are arrested you get a receipt. These people have had their children taken and they haven’t even got a piece of paper.

It is awful

5 Likes

Is it too much to ask that he tries to give the queen one of his Wookie handshakes and gets his arm lopped off by her honor guard?

1 Like

Tongue fully in cheek in my previous comment. However, from a practical standpoint, if they were given the choice of US or Norway, some might choose the US due to family and/or Spanish-speaking communities.

1 Like

Yeah. I certainly realize that.

However, seriously, the direction this bus is heading makes me – a middle-aged white guy – want to get the hell off.

Instead, I’m getting more politically active. And I hate politics as much as the average Trump voter hates POCs and the gays.

2 Likes

The House of Hanover is still available for any future swapsies.

I don’t think anyone is saying “fuck it” and giving up (though I’m sure there’s lots of swearing) - just that, given that Trump doesn’t know anything and is going to act like a literal baby (and not pay attention to anything anyone is saying to him), there’s nothing constructive to be gained by actually interacting with him. So I suspect the focus is on dealing with whatever functional parts of the US federal government still remain, and on not rocking the boat. That is, not drawing Trump’s attention and trying to maintain the status quo and existing agreements - because any kind of negotiations or changes will result in Trump trying to blow things up and replace them with… nothing (or at least nothing functional). So they route around Trump specifically and the US in general where possible.

2 Likes

I think we completely agree on the situation. :wink:

1 Like