"Make Polio Great Again?" NH Republicans push anti-vax bill

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/22/make-polio-great-again-nh-republicans-push-anti-vax-bill.html

9 Likes

A few days ago I passed a newish-looking van with an apparently earnest ad on the back reading

VAX-FREE SPERM
$3500 A LOAD
[phone number]

I would have grabbed a pic if I hadn’t been driving. It simultaneously made me want to laugh and weep and run the ignorant perv right off the road.

What a stupid time to be alive.

25 Likes

Do the New Hampshire Republicans have shares in companies that make iron lungs and wheelchairs or something?

Or have they just decided that there’s no movement so idiotic or hateful that they can’t get behind it if they think that the “other side” is against it?

18 Likes

apparently it’s a depressingly wide-spread scam google images … amounts vary from $2500, $3500, and $7000. (“If only they’d accept unvaxxed vaciinations”)

14 Likes

Does anyone really need further evidence that Republican’s don’t give a flying fuck about children?

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

22 Likes

So now we know what happens when someone says “Won’t somebody think of the children?” The answer is “Yes, they make wonderful political shielding!”

12 Likes

I wonder how many of those weirdos have tound takers.

I can’t imagine that “conspiracy theorist willing to masturbate for cash” is really all that difficult to find if you’re in the market for such a thing.

13 Likes

These people have all, of course, been vaccinated themselves. Some of them would have been dragged by their mothers to get the polio vaccine as soon as it was available. Few of them have had to deal with any of these diseases. They really don’t have any historical memory.

18 Likes

I kind of want to go to a New Hampshire Republican rally dressed in a long, black robe with a hood, skeletal gloves, and a staff with a sign (in the shape of a scythe blade) saying “NO TO VACCINES” or “I :white_heart: REPUBLICANS” (in unquoted SMALL CAPS, naturally.)

16 Likes

New license-plate motto: “LIVE FREE AND DIE”

13 Likes

Apparently widespread availability of firearms doesn’t allow these death cultists to provide sufficient sacrifices to Moloch.

9 Likes

Well, it’s much more biblical to let disease do the heavy lifting… /s

10 Likes

Is there a treatment for Republicans?

Basically? (-‸ლ)

3 Likes

Maybe some girl is more on RS/6000 guys, who knows!

1 Like

the second part is the real truth. It doesn’t matter how inane it is anymore. If D’s are for it, R’s are against it.

9 Likes

That’s exactly it.

6 Likes

An awful example of this came up when I was checking out primary results in PA. The GOP candidate for Attorney General talked about how he refused to take action against those who ignored pandemic lockdown and mask rules:

So, doing the job as head of law enforcement is optional when it’s a regulation they don’t agree with because it came from a Democrat. This is why many GOP legislators voted to restrict their governors (Democrats) from taking executive action during an emergency. Basically, if the GOP majority doesn’t agree, no emergency exists and no safety restrictions that limit business or public free dumb will be enacted.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Embarrassed Shame GIF

6 Likes

If you could shame republicans, there wouldn’t be any republicans.

10 Likes

I remember the conspiracists of the 1990s. A bunch of crazy people who were starting to use the Internet to spread their crazy ideas. They believed that the plans of the Illuminati, or whoever was controlling the world from the shadows, required a dramatic decrease in population. Many of these crackpots believed that shadow governments and elites were behind deadly epidemics.

But the truth is that cheaper than creating a plague and its antidote is discrediting medicine, vaccines and medicinal drugs.

Modern Problems Funny Gif GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes