Make your Keurig as messy as a French press and as tasty as motel drip coffee with this reusable plastic k-cup

Scooping ground coffee and adding water to my drip coffee maker is pretty easy. I do however hate super hot coffee, I routinely add ice to my mug

1 Like

I’ve been using a reusable cup. Maybe I’ll get one of those… I used to have one, but my sweetie uses it at work now.

I have the one-cup model and the larger 6-cup type that comes with a carafe. Both are plastic that is probably slowly turning my DNA to sludge. Porcelain versions are available, and I’m always meaning to get them.

Some of the most popular brands use proprietary filters that can only be bought online. I’ll stick with the Melitta style that can be found in any supermarket.

The time and effort to make coffee this way is really not much more than for instant. The coffee can be made directly into a travel mug or thermos if desired. Cleanup is trivially simple.

1 Like

Actually, that looks like my plastic Melitta cone would take up about as much space, assuming the hotel or venue provided cups. Do you need to use it with the attached plastic cup, or can you detach the filter cone and supports to use on another cup? That would be a space savings.

I just have no patience for pour over, 1:30 to microwave water in the mug, 1:00 brew in the Aeropress, and I have a mug of coffee. And sorry Daaksyde, instant is nasty, just is. Aeropress is easy even when in pre coffee stupor. Though I have put an empty mug in the MW!

It doesn’t even come with the cup. The legs fold in.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.