Adapter lets you use K-Cups in an Aeropress and coffee guys are absolutely furious

Originally published at: Adapter lets you use K-Cups in an Aeropress and coffee guys are absolutely furious | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The coffee guys know they don’t have to use K-Cups in their coffee making thingy, right?

21 Likes

I love the aeropress and think the whole kuerig/nespresso thing is a wasteful excess, but this doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

It is a strange, strange product no doubt, and I have questions about the market for this thing, but why work oneself into a tizzy?

19 Likes

It’s for the Costco shopper whose Keurig broke, like they do. “Now what am I going to do with all these k-cups, SHEESH!”

13 Likes

I use neither an aeropress nor a Keurig “our way or no way” machine, but I take a certain guilty pleasure in knowing this will piss the Keurig people off.

19 Likes

For maximum blasphemy wouldn’t a portafilter that allows you to lock a k-cup to an espresso machine’s group head and pull shots through that sweet plasticky mediocrity, rather than a puck of whatever the cool baristas are artisanally single-sourcing these days, be the true cursed adapter?

I just can’t decide if it would be better in suspiciously cheesy plastic with a slightly concerning chemical odor; or if it would be even worse if it were sumptuously and beautifully machined to match or exceed the quality and feel of the machine it locks on to; while cradling its unlovable payload.

39 Likes

I took a long cigarette break after reading that. :smirk:

8 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯ it’s filling a niche, I suppose.

3 Likes

I love that it comes in the color normally reserved for Decaf in diners and donut shops across America.
Extra Blasphemy Points!

13 Likes

Was it good for you?

1 Like

I imagine this will become the origin of the next al’Qaeda

3 Likes

This is truly a product that no one asked for.

2 Likes

If you don’t have an aeropress, you can get a slightly streamlined experience with one of these

2 Likes

I think the market is mostly the same people who steal stationary from the office. Grabbing a case of these pods is simple compared to several boxes of legal. :blush:

7 Likes

This was fantastic. As someone who put in their time in food service, my initial reaction was “why is it decaf?”

3 Likes

The logical next step would be a portafilter that accepts nespresso pods.

1 Like

I have a hand-pumped espresso maker, and I got a Nespresso adapter for it. Took it camping last week. Worked great, and I don’t care who got mad about it.

6 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

Silicon Valley's $400 Juicero "juicing system" turns out to be a machine that squeezes slime out of a bag | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Can’t tell if he’s being earnest.

1 Like

If I had an Aeropress, I’d buy an adapter kit.