Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

OMG. I think I’m at least two more revisions away from foisting my hat design on anyone else. :rabbit2:

2 Likes

I love my parents, and I love thoughtful gifts… But holy hell, I’ll letcha take a picture of me but I ain’t wearing it in public :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

BTW I really like the brim.

2 Likes

wow! that looks like some crazy clock-work monster: not an instrument!

2 Likes

We made vanilla grapefruit marmalade today to mixed results. It has a wonderful vanilla start, and it finishes on a great grapefruit flavor, but the transition between the two is odd.

12 Likes

This is not really a maker thing, but I decided to work on organizing my house a while back. We have a super tiny house from 1938 that was never really intended as a permanent living structure to begin with. There is a fair amount of storage but it’s all very awkward to access. Meantime, we have piles of stuff and we tend to just shuffle it around from one place to another. My hope is that sometime in the next year or two we will be moving, and when we do, I’d like to be able to show the place looking organized, and I know I won’t be able to do that on a tight schedule.

I’ve been using the information from this lady www.alejandra.tv who I feel like I ought to find annoying but instead I find her really cute and great. She’s just such an organizing nerd. I love how she will take a long aside in her videos to exude over her favorite pen or why she loves this binder tab SOOOO much.

So far I’m making progress and after feeling like I totally failed at first I’m starting to feel like things are coming together. It still feels like a first draft and hopefully after I get the whole place together (one upside of a small home is that is an actual possibility) then I can start to sort through it all more and eliminate more things.

13 Likes

I’m wondering how a lavender might mix into that combo. Seems like you need some kind of mid note there between the soft vanilla and the sharp grapefruit.

Sounds like such an interesting blend.

5 Likes

Making progress on a knitting project:

Like I need another hat, but the yarn (a silk/merino blend) was a gift and I like the feel of it. And the pattern was free, so bonus points on that. The pattern’s pretty easy, and I’m pretty pleased with the way it’s looking so far!

14 Likes

That looks amazing. I’ve been meaning to try my hand at cabling but haven’t gotten around to it except on test pieces. I’m not sure jealous is the right term but again it looks amazing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As you’ve pretty much figured out, the key to hat knitting is practice. (Easy for a long time knitter to say. Over 30 years, coming up on 35 too soon.)

5 Likes

Oooh I really like the open-weave look on that. So delicate!

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s not even cabling - the lace pattern is just knit stitches, YOs, SSKs and K2TOGs. Once you get the hang of it, it’s easy-peasy. No, really!

6 Likes

Just sanded down and rewaxed a couple of old cutting boards. Nothing big in the works.

6 Likes

Oooh, I hadn’t thought of lavender. I was going to try stirring in some coconut next time we had toast.

3 Likes

Oh my gods. I would never have guessed. K2TOGs have been my bread and butter for decreases but I’ve only recently started SSKing.

2 Likes

wax?

1 Like

beekeepers gold [beeswax/mineral oil]

4 Likes

Well I never knew. Thanks for teaching me something.

4 Likes

I am not pure snark, gifs, and asshattery, just the horn :wink:

5 Likes

Wow. Pretty. Kudos.

2 Likes