Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

I was thinking whisky or wine but the galvanized ones @tcg550 mentioned look good. Especially if they patina. I too am afraid the wood will rot

7 Likes

My partner ran drip irrigation for when the tree is in it’s usual place and not snugged by the door bc of freezes. I’ll look into cloth too. Heavy can be done, we have two fully mobile adults for moving if needed

5 Likes

I have two big half barrels that I use and I got them almost 10 years ago at either Lowe’s or HD. They are holding up very well (no sign of rot). They’re being used for my Aloe plants, so they do dry out a bit between waterings.

I think as long as you don’t set them in on a drip tray full of water, they should last quite awhile.

ETA: I like the galvanized cans, too!

8 Likes

Here’s one of them. This one was sitting outside for many many years, it has been in the yard since before I was married some 38 years ago. I turned it into a fountain last year. I sprayed the bottom with a little flex seal because it had a pin hole leak on one side and between the weight of the water and the rocks I wanted a little extra protection.

10 Likes

My wife made us these yesterday to go with the really bad no good football game junk food.

12 Likes

Don’t hesitate to post in the Happy Mutants food topic, btw.

10 Likes

It begins!

17 Likes

Bom Dia Reaction GIF

6 Likes

Pretty sure this is one of our longtime members:

Congratulations on the feature!

12 Likes

Thanks! I’m looking forward to seeing the print edition. Check out my website to see more info about the video feedback device and more videos:

13 Likes

Excellent stuff!

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

Here’s the most recent video shoot with the Device:

10 Likes

Fun with the vinyl cutter.

Light sculptures getting rebuilt and dusted off.

16 Likes

I’m about to lead a bunch of scouts to restore and rebuild this thing—does anyone have resources on rebuilding/recreating vintage farm equipment? It doesn’t have to work but I’d like it to look reasonably period-accurate and hold up to the weather.

I think we’re going to have to replace most of the wood but it doesn’t look like it was original anyway.

10 Likes

Looks like a rough ride in more ways than one!

4 Likes

I need some help in identifying and naming a DC connector please, folks.

I have an electric bicycle, the Honeywell Dasher that has a single-prong DC connector in the battery and I want to find a proper USB to (whatever this connector is) cable so I can use a portable solar charger on long trips.
The connector on the battery charger for the bicycle has “5A 100 volts” imprinted on the side, the tip is black, and the hole is keyhole-shaped like some amphibians’ pupils. It is female, while the battery is male.

Can anyone help me with the proper terminology for this connector so I can conduct a proper search for an adapter cable?
“USB to (whatever the hell they call this)”

4 Likes

This is what we ended up with, mostly due to running out of time. The poor guy needed a new pot, stat. We bought the “half barrel” and gate handle hardware from home depot. We replaced the original screws on the handles with nuts, washers, and bolts. Drilled holes for install. Didn’t take long, looks good, and worked well to move it last night. We did 4 handles. Too big to attempt moving by a single person. Made moving really easy with two adults
This poor lemon tree. Totally charlie brown tree when we first got it and periodically it looses all it’s leaves! This year it was a windstorm while we were at work.

I’ll have to post a pic when it fluffs out later this spring
ETA the barrel-pot had 4 drainage holes an inch wide. We stapled some stiff plastic grid stuff over the holes and placed some rocks around them. Drainage should be good without loosing a bunch of dirt every time we give it a good soak in the summer months. Forgot the compost, we’ll dress it this weekend

13 Likes

take a photo and do a reverse image search?

4 Likes

those black “cables” are irrigation hoses?

5 Likes