Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

I immediately thought of this one:

@Wander “Two Sheds” found

11 Likes

I’ve always wanted an outdoor shower for post-yardwork rinse-offs.

24 Likes

Nice, and doggie approves too!
Add a Y shut-off valve to the faucet and a hose cut-off to the end of the hose, and you can leave it connected and ready to go all season.

8 Likes

You can’t really see it in the photo, but there’s a quick-connect and hose shutoff where the hose meets the bottom of the PVC riser.

8 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Hey all. Instead of showing what I’m working on, I’ll tell you what my wife is doing. I help at various art shows in which she participates; but alas, all seem to all be canceled. We will open up our gallery in Jersey City to the public again at some point with limited hours.

She creates images with wool using a technique generally not found in the Americas. As such, her pictures look much different that your standard felted art works. Here is the cool “Fairy with Dragonflies”

And my favorite, the “Starry Night Tardis”. The original of this picture is hanging in our home and this is her most popular printed poster that she sells.
small-tardis

She has a video of how she makes things here on youtube, you can browse the art gallery at her personal website, and see her latest updates and works on the various social media sites as @woolpictures (IG,PT,FB,EY).

Take a look, share with friends, give me questions to pass along to her. Most of all, enjoy.

Updates: typo.

29 Likes

First cucumbers of the year developing!

Garden progress:

19 Likes

Grow, little buddies, grow!

11 Likes

I made another sled for my box-joint jig, to allow smaller cuts:

And made a rack for my lathe woodturning tools:

18 Likes

The neighbour had a table with marks on it:

So I sanded it back:

And hit it with some boiled linseed oil:

The legs don’t quite match the top now, but the neighbour didn’t want me to sand the whole thing.

Box joint jig working nicely:

17 Likes

Cuteness overload crafting

White Crate and Barrel coffee mugs, 25 cents each at the thrift store in the Beforetimes, painted with glass/ceramic paint and oven cured. Now they’re Wayward originals - lol.

Kiddo embellished Haribo lemon-ginger gummies with green icing to look like pineapples (just go with it, please).

19 Likes

The hanging hole spoils the aesthetics a bit, but it’s a working tool rather than a decorative whatsit. It’s a beast of a rasp; should be great for fast shaping.

Now I need to make a lid…

16 Likes

Work in Progress

A book bookend.

27 Likes

How cool is that!?

Also, hey! My mom has the same dish pattern!

11 Likes

Used my new improvised router table to trim the inside profile of the lid for the box:

And got a blank ready for turning a bowl.

Hack a lump off this with a chainsaw:

Then trim it roughly circleish and screw to a mounting plate:

Also adding some more shelves at the back of the shed.

16 Likes

I made a flower arrangement out of basil flowers. At least the cat won’t eat these. He eats roses.

ETA: and smells nice. Like basil and not flowers, but nice

24 Likes

Broached the Quadrupel. Its Zomfg good! Pictured with my cucumbers.

18 Likes

I’ve been out of the game for a long time: what would you consider a safe temperature for brewing? I think the laundry room and shed are out of the question (probably a good ambient temperature for sous vide in the summer). The obvious dump room in the house (guest bedroom) is typically closed and is at the far end of our AC trunk, so unless we plug our portable AC unit, I’d expect it could get up to 88-90° in the day.

Wife’s tromboncino arch.

13 Likes

Most beers I do ferment around 72f. A scotch ale I knock down to about 68f, which is my basement temperature. If you’re fermenting stuff around 85f I’d aim for a fruity IPA.

8 Likes

That looks delicious. I wish I could trade you some of the mead my husband makes for your beer!

8 Likes