Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Definitely.

OTOH, those location tabs vibrate like crazy when the carrier is empty and I’d rather not have my imperfect material and construction choices become the enemy of the people behind me on I-95.

4 Likes

So the feral cat was sleeping on the back step in the rain (there’s a beautiful weather tight house 5 feet away) so my wife was hanging a large towel to keep her dry. It looked too red necky for me so I made a folding roof thingy.

And, we wanted some definition of the lot line between us and a vacant lot so I went with a split rail fence. Me and the wife put it in on a Sunday afternoon. Side note: that tree was planted in 1964 by my great aunt from a sapling off my neighbor’s grandma’s tree. It is as old as I am. And the grandson is now 70 and still my neighbor.

13 Likes

And… ?

I’m in! Y’all have a head start though. I’m using @docosc 's method, with some additional input from this guy:

'Shroom buckets in the treehouse

I can keep :eyes: on them from my office window

11 Likes

(Not @marence, just interested in the trip too :slightly_smiling_face:)

6 Likes

We’re at the halfway point now! We reached Biddeford, Maine, yesterday, and just got into Boston. There’s so much footage already! Tomorrow we’ll be on the Route 6 return route.
We’ve been posting on the hated FB under our ClevelandWeirdness account if you want to see a bit of stuff. I’ll post a montage of stuff after we get home and sort out my notes and the terabytes of video.

15 Likes

Welcome to Massachusetts! What are you going to see while you’re here?

8 Likes

We’ve been traveling the old alignment of Route 1, so we’ve seen a variety of coastal towns along 1A and 99, then we visited Rowley to see my ancestor’s memorial,

and tonight we looked at part of the Freedom Trail and marveled at 300 year old things.
Tomorrow, Route 3 to Route 6, and I’m going to try to find the cottage I stayed in in Onset Bay 24 years ago when the kid & I worked the King Richard Faire.

13 Likes

We’ve got our first baby oysters! Yay!

15 Likes

14 days?!!?

Dance Party Reaction GIF by Xbox

7 Likes

Like I said, aggressive, take no prisoners. I can only get away with how i do this because of that. They outgrow everything.

5 Likes

Another ridiculous unsanctioned project: restoring a circa 1985 bong.

I melted it slightly while torching out the scratches, but I like how it worked out

13 Likes

Looks like a prime location!
We harvested a few oysters before leaving on a camping trip last weekend, enough for a really nice noodle dinner.
Got back 2.5 days later to find all these:

The lion’s mane aren’t doing much, but the oysters are prolific! Mushroom risotto is on the menu.

10 Likes

I’m making wrapped rock pendants for Art-o-mat. I can never make just one of anything.

19 Likes

I’m sticking this here because there is no dedicated “art” topic in the BBS.

2 Likes

I think next week we will get our first harvest. Usually get 2 or 3 flushes out of a bucket before it is spent, but the first one is usually the biggest and best.

13 Likes

Nice! Those are definitely more prolific than either of my varieties! Pink oyster for the win!

We were also short on coffee grounds this year, and I wonder how much that effects the growing. We’ll see next year, for sure.

6 Likes

Time to pick the mushrooms!

First flush. There will be more, but these will be the best.

Pretty!

14 Likes

Lovely!
I have a lot to learn.
I went to grab a couple new oysters before they dried out yesterday and learned first-hand about the beetles you mentioned.
:grimacing:
I got them out of the gills with a little card, but there were a lot!

9 Likes

Do you get enough to make surplus preservation an issue? What’s your preferred preservation method? Or do you just give away your extra? :yum: :yum:

4 Likes