Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Well, we ate them, and they were ■■■■■ delicious.

7 Likes

Those need picking.

6 Likes

Oh, yes, they did! :yum: :yum:

6 Likes

A little more progress on the vanity.
Dry fit with counter side extension aprons.

Dove tails to add rigidity to the cantilevered bits

11 Likes

They said it couldn’t be done: A man folding a fitted sheet properly.

BELIEVE IT!

15 Likes

Miracle Snakes GIF

12 Likes

Life is too short.

12 Likes

My grandma taught us kids how to fold a fitted sheet way back in early 70s. We would spend a couple weeks at a time in the summer, had to change sheets, do the wash, hang it on the line, and fold it… properly.

Nowadays we just strip the bed wash the sheets and put them back on, no folding needed.

6 Likes

Fence bar in use.

I’m having a home brew. My neighbor is sharing a homemade peach schnapps, aged three years.

17 Likes

I’ve been working on an orthoimagery quality control project, which involves reviewing many thousands of digital photographs of the entire southern half of the state of Missouri. Right now I’m doing the “Bootheel” region of extreme southeast MO. The photos were flown sometime in late winter or early spring of this year. Many of the areas have a beautiful abstract art appearance, similar to color field artists’ work. Here are just a few samples:

Center-pivot irrigation:

Cow paths. The round dots are probably salt blocks.

Capture5

I suspect the circled spots are deer-hunting platforms:

ETA:

17 Likes

The chicken feeder in all its useful glory.

12 Likes

So the idea is the chickens peck on the leafinesss that pokes out the holes, leaving the rest of the plant alone?

11 Likes

Yep, exactly. It keeps them from eating the whole plant. The area around the feeder in the top picture is what the ground looks like if they have free run. That was lush grass before the chickens came along.

It also allows me to feed them specific plants regularly. Garlic shoots, mint, nasturtiums, and marigolds give the eggs a richer flavor and have antibacterial properties eliminating the need for feed containing supplements.

ETA: I realized that you can see what the grass looked like on the other side of the fence. Greener, as they say.

12 Likes

i have to admit i am confuse.
surely you mean to keep chickens out, right?
if it is as @NukeML asked about them eating the pokie-outie bits, will they walk on the wire mesh? seems they would not find that terribly comfortable, even for a green snack.

i just need ways to keep feral street chickens out of my gardens!

edit: ok. i see you answered while i was typing. thanks for the follow up

8 Likes

They aren’t crazy about walking on the wires, but the plants are very tasty treats. So the put up with it. They’ll group up there and pluck carefully. And eventually you can see what they like and don’t like by what’s left. Sometimes one bird will get lucky and pull off a long chunk and go running away with the prize, chased by the others. It’s somewhat entertaining.

I’ll do another over winter that just has mint varieties. That’s their favorite, and we use it for a lot of things.

11 Likes

we have vastly different relationship with yard birds, you and i…

8 Likes

Ha, I bet. On the other hand one of the young hens just revealed as a “he.” Tuesday morning there was a struggling, gargling call, and Wednesday morning was a full-throated cock-a-doodle-doo. Wednesday night he was in the stewpot with the dumplings. The neighbors’ patience is fairly limited.

17 Likes

See, that’s how you handle misogynists… :wink:

22 Likes

These are great. They remind me of Richard Diebenkorn in particular.

3 Likes

Seasoning is tricky though, given they’re so bitter…

4 Likes