Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Why not cut the wine glass holder right into the arm rest? It looks like there’s enough of an overhang.

That’s a great looking chair, it reminds me of a rocking chair and matching chair my grandma and her sister had at each of their houses. They both disappeared after they passed and I was too young to figure out where they went.

7 Likes

That’s how others who built this project have done it, yes. This guy used a side slot:

And others used an end slot:

I’ll cogitate on it for a bit… Going dry for January so I don’t need to decide right away anyway…

12 Likes

I’m not a wine or any drinker but my diet soda would taste better in that Queen glass.

10 Likes

Pretty sure anything would taste better in that Queen glass

14 Likes

2022 effigy ready to receive our greivances, then be hurled upon the pyre on New Years Day.

20 Likes

That’s awesome. If the rain holds off we were going to have a bonfire Saturday evening. Now I want to make my own 2022 to toss on the fire.

I wonder if I have enough scrap wood.

Post a photo of the end of 2022.

7 Likes

I love this tradition your family has created

8 Likes

So I went out to the garage to see what I had, nothing, and then I saw the 2 buckets filled with kindling.

Not as elegant as yours, hard to attach those pieces of wood. The neighbor saw and we now have a plan for tomorrow evening for the last fire of the year. Only problem is it’s going to be mild, in the low 40s here in Michigan but it also might rain. Nothing a little kerosene can’t handle though.

Thank you very much for the idea and making our final fire be a little more memorable.

11 Likes

so the original owner of this house rigged tarps over chicken wire to keep rain from the deck off the patio below. recently it looked like this, except I didn’t get a pic of the full length, this is just one section:

so, like redneck garbage. you can’t see it but like 30 years of composted dirt was over the tarps. the one good idea was that each frame was hinged on the interior side so the exterior end could be swung down and hosed off, except they nailed them in place to an extra set of upright posts, so the hinges never once were used, and the numerous posts further crowded the space and blocked the view.

we made it look like this

we reused the 2x4s, here are the first day’s worth of nails I pulled out of them

18 Likes

Awesome stuff! Is that an electric kiln in the center? Oh, two of them? Top pic?

7 Likes

also spotted that! looks like one of the many kilns mum has had over the years!

8 Likes

yes!

same story, the matriarch of this household is a potter

10 Likes

And a serious one, from those kilns? I mean, those look like $5k kilns. She was a ceramicist, rather than a potter?

7 Likes

oh, I was just speaking extemporaneously, I don’t know her proper appellation vis-a-vis using clay

4 Likes

I was being obscure, I think.

4 Likes

We did it, we sent 2022 back where it came from.

Happy New Year everyone, especially @NukeML for the awesome idea. Me and the wife had a ball sitting around the fire, it was 34 degrees out but the rain held off. Perfect blanket and cuddle weather.

15 Likes
16 Likes

cool but gonna need you to be quicker to upload next year /s

3 Likes

Thats weird. The video got compressed to a vertical format.

5 Likes

We start early because we’re old and we don’t always make it to midnight plus they kept saying rain.

My wife was out before 10, I was in and out but I did manage midnight.

We were up early and watched a lot of the festivities together that we missed.

4 Likes