Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Yes, all corners and edges are rounded.

10 Likes

nice Bianchi

6 Likes

Big thanks @FloridaManJefe !

10 Likes

Ā”a todos Cuba libre!

8 Likes

9 Likes

I work at a nano-brewery, so it will only be available on tap at the brew pub.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve talked about my neighbor and his cancer. This is the fastest Iā€™ve ever seen cancer go downhill, heā€™s gone from healthy as a horse to Oh My God within 5 weeks of the first symptom.

His family asked so I made a stack of these.

11 Likes

Iā€™m so sorryā€¦ :sob:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Iā€™d wear that t-shirt!

(Breast cancer survivor, but Iā€™d rather go with the more general sentiment to include all cancer, not just the hot pink kind.)

7 Likes

I built these two Adirondack chairs for our neighborhood pond.

17 Likes

Our scout troop didnā€™t have time to build a new float for our local 4th of July parade from scratch so weā€™re giving the Yeti we made for the winter holiday parade a summer-themed makeover.

Luckily thereā€™s a local mini-golf course where he spends his time between parades so I donā€™t have to store him at our house.

14 Likes

would you believe that building code for trailers specifies that the steps up to the doors and any decks incorporated with them must be completely freestanding?
in Hall County, GA, anyway.

11 Likes

I lived in a trailer (mobile home) for a few years. Thereā€™s not enough substance to the structure to support any other additions. It barely supported itself!

7 Likes

Fun fact: mobile homes earned that moniker because the first factory producing them was near Mobile, Alabama. They were never intended to be ā€œmobileā€ past the initial delivery. The generic industry term for them is ā€œmanufactured housing.ā€

10 Likes

Yeah, i specified becaise i actually had a friend living in a camping trailer in med school. Mine was not that kind of trailer!

6 Likes

Snopes has that as a lost legend, for people who donā€™t want the truth to get in the way of a good story. :thinking:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to make a cello. Iā€™m no luthier, and the last thing I built was a Honda Civic engine. The youngest plays, and Iā€™m hoping to present her with a playable instrument in about 3 years. Iā€™m not a great wood worker, but Iā€™ll learn. Iā€™m starting with cardboard to learn the shapes, then Iā€™ll advance to cheap wood to learn the wood techniques. I figure at least 3 cellos enroute to something that works (I doubt theyā€™ll ever sound like a real proper instrument and thatā€™s ok). Along the way I hope to learn woodworking techniques, more about the history, and maybe be able to play a few lines of music.

Iā€™m building a 7/8th model, and Iā€™ve already made plenty of mistakes, which is part of the fun.

I didnā€™t make the top and bottom exactly the same, which makes this version even wonkier.

20 Likes

Oh My God Wow GIF by 9Now

6 Likes

I am a pretty experienced woodworker, but luthier sort of work has always intimidated the hell out of me! Thatā€™s inspiring.

5 Likes