Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

That’s pretty damned good. Love the use of the fabric on it.

2 Likes

Where is the fabric from? Old poncho?

Is the coarseness of the edges of wood on purpose or a result of the half-assness?

Is… is it held together by hot glue?

2 Likes

One of the most coveted objects back home was a Grandma Lindahl Quilt (my buddies granny) – not pretty, but damn if those weren’t the bestest.

5 Likes

I have one (ONE!) quilt my great-grandmother made by hand. Apparently every time the family moved she made all new quilts, curtains, etc. It was what you did before there was a Walmart (etc.) in every town. Nobody thought to save them, because they weren’t special, they were just necessary household items.

6 Likes

Yeah, sewing the curtains…it’s still a thing for those of us who hate beige or are ahead of trends.

7 Likes

I find not having curtains to be preferable.

My neighbors may not agree.

13 Likes

1 Like

You seem to have misspelled “Getting the kids out of the house so I can clean for just one minute.” But thanks!

3 Likes

Oh my! That looks like it would be great scaled down in a treehouse!

4 Likes

Doing an encaustics demo at an art school today…

14 Likes

I’m there with you, no curtains are the best curtains. Of course, someone would need binoculars to see into our house from off the property.

4 Likes

Not with my Turkey-cam project…

9 Likes

I knew that last one was suspicious… grumble grumble… :astonished:

2 Likes

The Minecraft blanket. Also we have two of those torches from ThinkGeek but we need to mount them on the wall.

I got the end of the bolt, and I always overestimate my fabric needs, so I think I have enough to make a cover for the red body pillow (which is Lightning McQueen and not really something a 16-year-old wants.)

16 Likes

I honestly don’t know, they were scraps that I uh… may or may not have hot glued together due to a deadline that did not permit time for my clumsy sewing.

I’ll let you answer your own question :wink:.

Erm… yes?

18 Likes

Wow. Imagine what heights you could soar to if you applied yourself. :wink:

I never half ass something. But then again, 9 time out of 10 I never start something. So in my book one finished thing, even half assed, is way better than something just stuck in a head.

6 Likes

OK. I had the person who took my Golden Snitch send back a pic. Taken with a digital camera from 2003, evidently. But you can see what I was going for.

So I started with a Stellated Octahedron, which is one of 3 origamis I know by heart. Then I added the wings, just looking off of a pictures of the snitch, I drew the basic wing shape, and decided that it needed more, and cut the feathers out. It was used in the scavenger hunt for my kids party.

10 Likes

I’d put my ass on that in a building! Congrats!

3 Likes

I finished the bulk of the wiring on this keyboard. Took a break from the soldering iron to reprint some keys. Ghetto, but I kinda like the look.

7 Likes

I’m done building. Except for a ladder.

Painting is going to be a breeze over the week now that I’m no longer hauling around tools. I didn’t know I knew how to make windows. So, never underestimate yourself, I guess?

28 Likes