Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

You are a brand new user as trust level 1 you can’t do that yet. Stick about, READ, comment, like and before you know it you can make your own topic.

ETA actually you should be able to make a new topic/thread as far as I can tell. Just not in the Boing category… Only the gods get to do that.

5 Likes

Where is the magic button that permits this operation? I am probably just missing some UI cue…

1 Like

If you go to
https://bbs.boingboing.net/

There’s a button that says “New Topic”. It’s near the top right corner of the page.

After you click that, you can choose a title & category

2 Likes

Ok, that doesn’t appear for me. I suppose I’m still limited in some way.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the tangent. On with making!

1 Like

For the third time this year, I’ve found myself dressing up my car. That’s a totally normal thing to do, right? Anyway, getting it ready for the town Holiday Parade next week.

15 Likes

Can I see a vid of the eye magic?

2 Likes

Ok.

9 Likes

So what is the plan for being able to see while driving?

1 Like

Limited visibility? Just follow the red light from the guy in front of you. Works for Santa.

7 Likes

So awesome!

1 Like

These two are still unsold if anyone is interested. I’m hoping I can be able to catch a bus to see the 'rents in Chicago if I can put together the scratch.

6 Likes

I’m following an example from The Simpsons:

Also, as a backup, my neighbor is walking along the passenger side of the car.

4 Likes

oh it is nice one…!

Next project: working on a “one-sheet boat” (meaning constructed from a single sheet of plywood) for my son’s Christmas present.

I’m starting with a design I found online as the basis for the hull, but we’ve got some unusual customizations in mind for propulsion so stay tuned.

13 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve gotten my wacom tablet back so I’ve been drawing nerdy shit to post on Instagram. Unfortunately, the tablet seems to be having some trouble with the damp and cold Nova Scotian winter so I might have to go back to pencils and paper. Try to figure out which one had a photo reference.

Krillin.

Girl descending a stair in the rain.

Frog.

My back going out at 3am one night this past July.

8 Likes

My 7-year-old daughter and I are working on a story about a little girl who meets a mysterious new friend at summer camp (whose nature is obvious to the reader as a 7-foot-tall sasquatch who happened to find a spare girl scout uniform). This is some of the concept art.

22 Likes

I bought Clip Studio Paint Pro last week and this drawing of Joe Satan is the only thing I’ve used it for so far since I’ve been farting around playing MMOs instead of being productive with my unemployment. Hooray for having some savings to fall back on?

It’s a very good drawing program, by the way. This g-nib brush is beautiful. Compare it with the lines made in GIMP up above. It seems to have options for no matter what your work flow is.

ETA: Some “real life” drawing practice using more traditional media.

6 Likes

I learnt how to use a lathe this week…

25 Likes

Making progress…

16 Likes