Malware popup warning

In the last 15 minutes or so i’ve had two popups from my virus scanner warning about a threat being blocked when perusing some bbs threads. The URL it gives is fe1.edge.pantheon.io, anyone else seeing this or it being overly sensitive? I’m pretty sure it popped up in magical history tour and the ongoing gallery of trump-inspired assholes.

1 Like

Just the usual trackers for me.

2 Likes

Hmm the problem for me seems to be coming from the splcenter domain, i just tried going there and had the same warning and some threads do contain links to that site.

2 Likes

Ads are narrowly targeted to specific users nowadays, which may be why only you are seeing it.

If you report it to Freestar using their tool, it can nab your cookie (which has your ID in it), which lets them see what who won the auctions for you, and what ads you were shown, which should allow them to find who the malicious provider is and block them.

3 Likes

Thing is i don’t see ads for precisely the risk of this happening but saying that, it could still be an ad issue you think?

ETA: I’m thinking this could well be a false positive but it’s interesting that putting the pantheon URL in my first post into VirusTotal returns just one malicious detection.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.