Man accused of stealing Pelosi's lectern has a lawyer who admits "I'm not a magician"

I was not aware there was a discworld album. Thank you for this.

2 Likes

This was back in the mid 80’s if that matters. I never cared if they were right or not as I didn’t feel a desire to shoplift. I never heard of anyone getting busted but who knows if anyone of them actually did what they bragged about? Since then I have known my share of sketchy folk that always have some “they can’t bust you if you know this one easy trick” theory. I guess the sovereign citizen types are the apex predatory of this type of thinking. It’s an interesting phenomena.

Many years ago I was working at the 80 acres ranch which the permanent Burning Man facility near where burning man is held each year. They periodically have events where they invite the locals as a diplomatic activity. I was talking with a woman in her 60’s there and she could not fathom that we were going out to old locations from many many years earlier to look for trash that had surfaced over time. She kept asking who busted us to make us do that. How could they prove it was us and not someone else. And I kept explaining we were doing the cleaning because we knew it was from pasts events and it was the right thing to do. Ultimately her response was we were a bunch of fucking idiots for accepting responsibility for something we did without being forced by some authority. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I like how the idiot wears a mask leaving court… not while committing a crime…

1 Like

The other factor is whether the removal was deterred by police presence. By that time in the Trumpsurrection, police reinforcements were arriving. Bear in mind also that most of these idiots were armed in one way or another.

You don’t get out of armed bank robbery if you get to the doors and drop the money when confronted by a zillion cops.

6 Likes

Deranged president’s supporters are Not known to be smart. Don’t expect any of them to pick a smart lawyer. In any case no Smart lawyer will take on a sure lose case.

they thought they were going to win, they thought everybody would be calling them heroes now

6 Likes

If I were his lawyer, I would advise him not to take the stand during his trial.

…i hope you have enjoyed this joke i saw on facebook.

2 Likes

They thought they’d be greeted as liberators.

1 Like

Josh Hawley salutes him!

3 Likes

Alternate facts

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.