Man arrested after assaulting MSNBC reporter on-air and going on the run

Around the time he had his History Channel[?] show, he popped into the bar I worked at, he was indeed a class act and a total gentleman. Can say the exact same for Fred Ward, I asked him if “Remo Williams” would be joining us tonight, his wife had a good laugh on that.

12 Likes

I “met” him at one of those crystal head vodka signings. The interaction was maybe 30 seconds so hardly something worth talking about

5 Likes

I’ve met R Lee Ermey Twice and he was a wonderful story teller and super nice to fans.

The first time I saw him I went to a car show he was at. No interest in the car show, I heard he was in town, and went to go get my FMJ DVD case signed.

When I got there I got informed that this guy holding a sign was the end of the line. That he was contracted to say only until Xpm, and they were cutting the line off there. Anyone after that spot isn’t guaranteed to get a signature or not. Well, I had come all the way and had nothing else going on, so I waited. They gave us a free 8x10 of him to get signed as well, and even though I finally got up there like an hour and a half past the cut off time, he was just as friendly and eager to sign for me and tell me an anecdote and I got a picture. I heard he stayed for everyone.

Second time was a book signing for his Mail Call show, and he told some great stories of his career, including how he got the job for FMJ. I knew he grew up in Emporia, KS, but I found out that where they built the race track near KC was where the farm was that he also live at at one time growing up.

Super nice guy, especially for a celebrity. I guess he never got too big of a head.

9 Likes

You didn’t miss anything.

4 Likes

That’s a bummer to hear.

8 Likes

I just heard an anecdote of an extra on The Blues Brothers stopping John Belushi and Dan Ankroyd for autographs. John was like, “Sure, kid,” and signed his paper on Dan’s back.

Dan said, “Sorry, kid, I don’t do autographs.” Soooo… guess he was always kinda a jerk. :confused:

2 Likes

The team waited for the 54-year-old Wooster man and arrested him after he left a store.

No report of cop-gang beatdown or chokehold, of course.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.