Man attacks TV reporter in Gulfport, then goes on the run

Originally published at: Man attacks TV reporter in Gulfport, then goes on the run | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Seems like a reasonable person to me :confused:

Speaking of which, why did a guy from northeast Ohio go all the way down to the Gulf to assault some random reporter?

27 Likes

Random, perhaps, but I get the feeling that this gentleman’s choice of which reporter to assault wasn’t completely random.

37 Likes

Do they have any video of the assault, that would help in the prosecution of the white man attacking the black man. /s

23 Likes

Run, Forrest, run:

They’re still gonna catch your ass.

17 Likes

I don’t think he’s too welcome in Ohio these days.

The crime took place at Cleveland Plating, a business Dagley once owned.

According to police, Dagley’s drilling holes into the tanks of sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid, yellow chromate, ferrous chloride, and sulfuric acid risked a potential environmental disaster.

15 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to the entire family of Dagleys.

1 Like

It’s not entirely clear whether or not he’s running a business in Ohio any more. If you follow the links to the cleveland.com article, the current owners of Cleveland Plating had been trying to get a restraining order against him. He’d already broken in and put locks on all the doors, and assaulted an employee in another incident.

It looks like he owned the property and had run a business out of that location at one point, but was obviously feuding with Cleveland Plating over the lease–clearly in a constructive and healthy fashion.

The drilling episode gets better; two of the tanks he drilled into contained sodium cyanide and hydrochloric acid. Considering one of the products of that reaction is hydrogen cyanide gas, it’s a wonder he didn’t kill somebody, and I’m sure that cost the current owners a pretty penny to clean up.

23 Likes

The article is a bit ambiguous, but I believe it was his ex-business…it mentions he “broke into” it.

Also, this gentleman has a very passing resemblance to Dan Aykroyd (apologies, Mr. Aykroyd).

8 Likes

As a former Ohioan, there are plenty of Black people to attack in Ohio. Still doesn’t explain why the fuck he was on the Gulf Coast.

7 Likes

I saw this on Twitter:

Officials in Washington State Attacked While Trying to Remove Murder Hornet Nest

And my first thought was: Who was attacking them, anti-vaxers, crazy wypepo, horse gel zombies?

6 Likes

Give him a MyPillow to hug to sleep and he’ll be ok.

6 Likes

What the fuck was he ranting about?

Glad the reporter and camera man were ok.

2 Likes

Capitalism is a helluva drug…

6 Likes

The fragments I caught, it sounded like he was demanding they “report the news accurately”. So I think this was a classic Trump “all news is fake” Qnut-type assault.

22 Likes

What, he doesn’t think it was a hurricane?

“It was Jewish space fans! They’re in it with the Martians!”

16 Likes

“They’re reporting in the South, must be Covid LIES

5 Likes

The guy’s on a mission. I’ve never seen such a determined waddle in my life.

5 Likes

MrWh

13 Likes

I’ve been seeing quite a bit online along the lines of “you shouldn’t be reporting this, you should be talking about Afghanistan (and Biden).”

9 Likes