Man arrested for attempted murder in squirrel feeding incident

Can we honestly say we have the data to conclude they don’t?

Although, pretty sure the types of parents worrying about this, don’t let their kids out side in the first place. But I know someone who has had squirrels in their attic. It wouldn’t take much to scratch a hole in the ceiling and drop a nut into an unsuspecting child’s mouth while sleeping.

2 Likes

That would be an awesome assassination technique, à la Grosse Point Blank.

But with squirrels. :wink:

3 Likes

Big week for Squirrels, really big week.

5 Likes

4 Likes

20 Likes

I imagine it played out like the age ol’ Bugs / Daffy “Rabbit Season vs. Duck Season” skit - with the exact same ending no less.

3 Likes

The sciuridae may be a nuisance in urban areas, but they are not rats. This was a lie propagated by government in an effort to persuade people to kill them.

1 Like

Am I to understand that a bullet hit this one gentleman in the butt, like the fist of an angry god?
I do sense a theme here.

1 Like

Guns don’t kill people peanuts do.

4 Likes

It isn’t attempted murder - the collective noun for crows is “a murder of crows”, so this is actually a murder.

2 Likes

Haha - i actually DID think of that scene while typing.

2 Likes

Children develop peanut allergies when they have gotten to about age 2 never having been exposed to peanut products. Want to prevent peanut allergies? Give babies little tastes of peanut butter starting at about age 6 months.

More and more, “the research” is indicating that many (perhaps most) allergies are auto-immune reactions to substances that they’ve never encountered. Asthma is an immune reaction to dust and pollen, because the babies were raised in near-sterile environments until their immune systems were fully developed. Want to prevent asthma? Let your babies crawl in the dirt, in the grass, with the puppies and kittens, and eat chocolate chip cookies RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR!

3 Likes

Nobody wins the argument about who’s more white trash.

All you Negative Nellies, look on the bright side…

2 Likes

So, shoot your children in the butt while they’re still young?

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s an interesting definition of “plausible” that I’ve yet to hear.

1 Like

It was the exact opposite for one of my children. Unbeknownst to me, my nipple cream was based on peanut oil so she had a lot of small exposures as a baby. When she developed a reaction to it she was tested and confirmed as being allergic to peanuts. So for about 2 years we didn’t even go near Asian restaurants, etc. etc. It was going to be frustrating, but I was resigned. And then one day at the playground another mother handed out pretzel bites to the kids…forgetting that they have peanut butter inside. She freaked out, but my kid didn’t react. We went back to the allergist and discovered that she had outgrown it (5% chance: we were lucky).

The pediatric allergist was the head of the department, knew his stuff, and informed me specifically that it was the too-early exposure which caused the reaction, and that once she got bigger her body was able to deal with peanuts much better.

Long story short: don’t assume either absolute is correct for your specific child.

3 Likes

Then your family moved to…
Stabbyville?
Bludgeon Heights?

2 Likes

Then why is asthma significantly more evident in poor populations?

I’m all for convincing paranoid new parents that their babies won’t die if a speck of dust gets on them, but the majority of asthma does not occur in that type of household. Those families are more likely to go to regular well baby visits and be able to afford the medication; that doesn’t mean they have a greater likelihood of asthma, just that they have a greater likelihood of being able to diagnose and then manage it properly.

3 Likes