Man arrested for donut flakes that cop insisted was meth

I doubt that there is a K-9 on the planet that doesn’t know exactly what to do with fallen donut glaze.

2 Likes

My boss brought in a box of donuts from Legendary Donuts the other day. They were pretty amazing, even six hours old when I got in.

they put hazelnut flavored butter cream in them.

I was expecting a big wet glob of tasty boston cream or custard. And bit into this delicate rich, complex flavored fluff. I was very pleasantly surprised. I don’t get that very often with food.

1 Like

In 2008, Krispy Kreme all but eliminated trans-fats.

2 Likes

@vrplumber has not posted nearly enough lately

2 Likes

That’s why I remember it so fondly! I only ever ate Krispy Kreme right after or the day after a rave. And I stopped back in 2008. Krispy Kreme has changed, man.

3 Likes

A friend just got a ticket vs a warning for not letting the officer search her car. She was about to get off with a warning when the officer asked if she (the officer) could search her car. When she said no, the officer replied with “well if you’re going to be a bitch about it, you’ll get a ticket & not a warning!”

How about you not b a bitch by violating someone’s constitutional rights?! Then being a double-bitch by punishing them for not relinquishing them?! WTF.

9 Likes

He made it to 70 without invasive police searches or severe punishment for common behavior?

I think I can guess the color of skin worn by Mr Rushing

She’s lucky she didn’t get resisting arrest!

That can be fatal

3 Likes

Its standard practice by police where I live that tests conducted by police out in the field are useful only to suggest further testing in a controlled environment. Due to unpredictable environmental factors, roadside tests have little legal standing.

I am surprised every time I hear that it takes weeks for a proper test to be done.

1989 , that is before the cops became violent crack addicts !

I hope he also pursues legal action against the manufacturer of the roadside test kit. Any product that mistakes donut glaze for meth needs to be pulled off the market.

3 Likes

To be fair, a lot of cops scarf donuts like they are crack. So I think the confusion is understandable.

2 Likes

Jeez, you’d think if there was one thing that really falls within a cop’s area of expertise it would be donuts.

2 Likes

Is this sarcasm? Gotta be sarcasm. Right?

1 Like

And the cops really are eagle-eyed, as they’re spotting - and testing - single specks of material found on car floors. So the material could be anything (with a high chance of a false positive) that came from anywhere (e.g. stepped on in the street). The whole system serves no purpose other than to increase arrest figures.

3 Likes

Hmm. Last time I had one would have been around 2000 or so … yeah, I think this may have caused a taste change. I agree with @TobinL - fresh off the line, and still pipping hot, they were good. (Although I sure couldn’t speak for the current versions.) Then again I grew up with them, so there may be at least a bit of nostalgia wrapped up in that sugar.

4 Likes

That counts for a lot. I always had mom and pop places in St. Louis or Dunkin Donuts.
I am now partial to Top Pot here in Seattle. I have been lazy about getting to Portland to visit Voodoo which I hear is quite tasty.

2 Likes

What about K-9’s on other planets?

3 Likes

I… I can’t say.

Do they have Krispy Kreme on other planets?

1 Like

I figure that will be one of those things humans bring with them when they start colonizing space. As soon as there is a base on the moon, it will have a Krispy Kreme and a Starbucks on premises.

3 Likes