Man arrested for donut flakes that cop insisted was meth

As I forcibly hammered into the head of my idiot step brother after he got himself arrested (broke into his school at midnight as a drunken prank): if you get arrested, the only thing you say is “I want to speak to a lawyer”.

Not “I didn’t do it”, not “I’m sorry”, not “it wasn’t me”, not “those aren’t mine”, not “I won’t do it again”, not “it was just a joke”.

“I want to speak to a lawyer”. Nothing else.

1 Like

If only Krispy Kreme would sell that delicious, crack like addiction know as glaze in either cups or squeeze pouches. My god, imagine a 4 ounce twist top squeeze pouch of glaze…my pancreas is spasming just thinking about it.

1 Like

Please, for the love of Krispy Kreme, someone needs to post that on the department’s facebook page…

I will never understand the fondness for Krispy Kreme donuts.

I’d already heard about them via the web before they opened in Australia. Everyone seemed to think they were wonderful.

Then I got to try them. Ick.

It seems that, like with Starbucks and coffee, Americans have never been exposed to actual good donuts.

7 Likes

That’s the scary part. Most pure organic chemicals are either a white powder or a clear liquid. That’s what makes shiny or colorful ones interesting.

1 Like

Used improperly you can get them to flag anything as anything. Just like how drug dogs can be prompted anywhere on your clean car.

1 Like

Or toy trucks.

5 Likes

A lot of it is just hype (although it is fun to watch the donut machines). People in smallish cities on the west coast that don’t have Krispy Kreme stores travel to the nearest city that does, load up the trunk, and bring them home and sell them roadside. Fresh, they are an average donut (though a little processed tasting). After they’ve spent an hour or two in someones trunk and then a few hours roadside, and at 400-500% markup, they are not so hot at all.

Cinnabon comes close with their little tub of hot cum

2 Likes

Some of us have, and agree with you, but good donuts are hard to find in my places. The best donuts I’ve ever had were at Oram’s Donut Shop in Beaver Falls, PA. As of 2010, the parking meters there still took nickels, and 9 grad students were able to eat lunch (burgers, fries, and shakes) for under $30.

Of course, I live near Boston, where you can’t spit within hitting at least 2 Dunkin Donuts locations, and I do have a fondness for them even though they aren’t in the “good donuts” category either.

5 Likes

They used to be just incredible melt in your mouth goodness, but yeah, there’s something chemical about them now. I think they have changed, I think it’s in the last ten years, and I’m willing to blame them going public and focusing on expansion and profit maximization. I wonder if they changed the glaze to survive a wider distribution network. I have no facts to back this up.

When I was a kid, we took Saturday morning family bike rides to get KK. Our elementary school classes took trips to the plant to watch the donuts being made.

1 Like

You, sir, are obviously not a connoisseur of diabetes.

1 Like

Lyndell’s Bakery in Sommerville. Dear lord, best cinnamon sugar cake donut there is.

1 Like

I was going to make a joke about the Krispy Kreme Klub or something, due to the initials.
Then I found out reality had beaten me to it.

2 Likes

I once lived half a mile from there for two years and had no idea it existed. Darn.

We used to walk to there from Porter square as an occasional treat. Had to get up early as they could sell out by 8:30 some mornings. I had a few late start hungover stumbles that ended in disappointment.:frowning2:

I think the taste just got a little worse …

1 Like

Yeah. They are nice if you stop in when the fresh sign is on and you get them right off the line still warm but otherwise kinda like sugary air.

3 Likes

Maybe this is the secret to police behavior…

Their non-human physiology reacts to krispy kreme flakes like a normal primate’s would to meth (it would explain the cop-donut association and all of the psychotic antisocial behaviors).

So to a cop Donut flakes = narcotic.

1 Like