Man at airport gets more video game space by plugging PS4 into public map display

I had a job where the performance review included “finds ways to get things done.” This guy scored a “5”!

1 Like

Good question. I guess non-Floridian, potentially malicious nerds get a pass.

Absolutely, came to say if he had taken out a TV blaring news I would be applauding and happy to front any needed bail money.

1 Like

Yeah, totally a case of keeping order for the sake of order.

But considering how slow everything looks, I bet you could find an airport bar or something with more screens than it knows what to do with that would be cool about you playing there. I know I’d be more likely to linger if there were someone playing VGs on one of the TVs instead of yet another IRL sports game.

Someone who liked learning about and imbibing in wild edibles was practicing their hobby in central park. When officer friendly came along and told them to please stop, they were incredulous. “What possible harm could come from such a wholesome, innocuous activity?” (Im paraphrasing pretty broadly)

The cop replied, “you are encouraged to eat your lunch in the park. But you are not allowed to eat the park.”

…and thats my reaction to this overly clever person doing their part to keep portland weird. Its a minor erosion of public space, easily recovered from, no need to overreact. But the principle is clear. The selfish actions of one person make the airport slightly less usable for other people.

Public space has already taken so many similar unchecked hits, this one is a comparatively easy call. Play your game in the airport, do not play your game on the airport.

3 Likes

Two questions:

• who lugs a PS4 around?
  • what is he playing? can someone recognize it?
  • He wasn’t going sacrifice it to checked-in luggage, was he?
  • Apparently Apex Legends.
2 Likes
  • I meant, it’s a fairly large item to carry around (I presume). But then, there’s a slim version so … fine. :smiley:
  • Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.