Man at airport gets more video game space by plugging PS4 into public map display

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/17/man-at-airport-gets-more-video.html

5 Likes

I wonder if he was playing this game:

16 Likes

Shilling for this guy’s YouTube stream:

Admittedly rather funny; this is a stream of glitches and weirdness when people try to play ATC straight, but others are under no such constraints.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Seconded in shilling for Airforceproud95!

Now that would be something to load onto a public map display at the airport while you’re waiting for your flight!

Please calm down everyone, there is NOT a balloon doing 400 miles/knots/whatevers over the airport at the moment. No, PNIS, is not a call sign our airline uses.

2 Likes

How is this guy not a “gentleman”?

11 Likes

Just think, if he could have found an advertising display screen to plug into he could have had fun AND performed a public service.

11 Likes

The picture makes it look … not too bad? I mean, inconsiderate, but it looks like a rather quiet waiting area. I suspect it sounded worse than it actually was.

7 Likes

(Outdated) Pro Tip: You can plug into most any airport TV / monitor with a USB cable to charge your phone.

5 Likes

Portable monitors which are powered off USB aren’t that expensive. I got mine for like 135, and I could fit my whole PS4 gaming rig in my laptop bag if I wanted to. (And I do want to! I just haven’t yet…)

2 Likes

Port of Portland spokesperson Kara Simonds told Portland KXL-AM radio that staff at Portland International Airport staff asked the man to stop gaming on the public map display.

If it’s a public space, the unwritten rule is that you reserve next game by laying down your quarter.

31 Likes

Or any of the screaming screens of CNN airport.

1 Like

The dude should consider a Switch. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

No port of entry schtick ?

2 Likes

I would question, from a cybersecurity perspective, why the connections for any monitor in the airport are not secured… physical access is ring one for cyber security, people!

5 Likes

Yeah I can imagine a more serious hack, like displaying real time flight information with an hour added to the departure time of every flight, or some such.

3 Likes

He was the baby in this Play Beyond commercial, just living up to his full potential:

And Portland is one of the Best airports around, food is regular priced, great beer, even sell whiskey.

1 Like

The Arrivals/Departures screens are networked but the airport map screens are static, airgapped monitors.

2 Likes

Does this gentleman look like he enjoys doing things the easy way?

1 Like