Man attempts illegal soak in Yellowstone acidic hot pool, is reduced to wallet and flip-flops

It really is a base thing to joke about.

34 Likes

I was there about 20 years ago. While out for a hike I discovered a bison on the other side of a tree from me. I backtracked. Nope nope nope nope nope.

16 Likes

I pHully agree.

30 Likes

“Medicinal purposes”? You know, you can buy all kinds of corrosive acids for your “medicinal purposes”, you don’t have to wade into a boiling hot pool of acid.

10 Likes

Alkaliked.

15 Likes

15 Likes

Things were kind of nuts there not so very long ago. Not far from Old Faithful, you’ll find the Chinese Spring, “named on account of its early use by Chinese labourers as a laundry”. And then there’s the Fishing Cone, where someone once said “it is possible to catch trout in the Yellowstone Lake and cook them in a boiling spring close behind the angler”.

10 Likes

I got Death in the Grand Canyon and Death in Yellowstone a couple years ago, and Yellowstone was definitely the most stomach churning. They’re both an unending litany of morons ignoring basic safety and warning signs (and in general I don’t think we have nearly enough self-culling any more) but at least the landings are a very brief affair compared to all the terrible ways you can not die instantly in Yellowstone.

12 Likes

I didn’t know Judge Doom had a sister…

7 Likes

reduced to wallet and flip-flops

I have seen the same thing happen in Vegas.

55 Likes

I’d choose this option over cremation or burial.

4 Likes

Godwin 2: This time God loses!

1 Like

This thread is making me steaming mad!

9 Likes

I was actually going to ‘joke’ that maybe Trump should visit the Yellowstone and inspect the natural resources.

3 Likes

9 Likes

brilliant.

3 Likes

OUt of the Gene pool.

4 Likes

This is how I’m going to fake my death when I need to disappear someday. Chuck my shoes and wallet into the hot springs, then just walk away and start a new life.

15 Likes

I suppose that idiot is lucky he didn’t think to drink the “water” on the spot, rather than give up whatever health benefits he thought he was getting.

2 Likes

OMG, his poor sister. I cannot imagine watching my brother die, let alone like that.

41 Likes