Man attempts illegal soak in Yellowstone acidic hot pool, is reduced to wallet and flip-flops

Oh, he’s going to visit. He wants to develop the national parks.

2 Likes

Suicide? My thought was to dump tRump into one.

3 Likes

Sounds a lot like Blofelds garden in You Only Live Twice

4 Likes

I was about to make a caustic comment, but then I thought, “Have we really been reduced to this?”

29 Likes

This reminds me of Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk… and also of the mile wide, 1000 foot deep lake of acid in Costa Rica.

7 Likes

Seems to me the health benefits of NOT drinking the water are far greater than the benefits of drinking it, or even getting any on your skin.

6 Likes

So I’m assuming that if someone, upon their death, wanted their body to be given back to nature via the acid hot springs, as an alternative to burial or cremation, the Park Service would not be on board with that? Even for a substantial fee that would go towards the parks operating budget? Oh well.

2 Likes

It sure is pretty! Ya’ know, from a distance. The hike to the observation area is totally worth it.

3 Likes

How close can you get to it before the acid fog becomes unbearable and dangerous?

1 Like

It varies with the wind and stuff, but you really can’t get THAT close, if you stick with the sanctioned path. We went on a day that was windy, so better for breathing. Sometimes it’s closed to the public.

If I recall correctly, there is one of those stationary binocular stands so you can view it from there. I don’t really know how close we got, it’s been more than 20 years…

1 Like

Many states allow chemical dissolution as means of disposing human remains for those so inclined, just not in protected hot springs. You can even specify in your will that the resulting slurry is to be used as fertilizer for a garden or green space.

7 Likes

I hereby name it Bernel’s Law. Let’s run with this, people.

4 Likes

The difference is, Trump is actually going on record as promising to do a ton of bad shit.

3 Likes

Acid what you did there.

7 Likes

But what about allowing “Sky Burials?” Those are way cooler.

17 Likes

illegality, it’ll kill ya.

The solution is to act as a buffer against periodic bouts of online electronegativity.

12 Likes

Someone watched Joe Versus the Volcano one too many times.

7 Likes

I can’t even begin to understand the idea of getting into a protected hot spring, especially at Yellowstone. This guy’s death is definitely very grim, i wouldn’t wish that upon anyone.

2 Likes

You missed the point. The point is people not only criticizing the president for something they are actually involved in (say ACA, or a new law being passed), but invoking his name with something he has NOTHING to do with, such as falling in to a hot, acidic pool.

1 Like