Man blames media for news

my previous comment was that many people can’t afford to stockpile food for emergencies. it was snigs who brought up food insecurity, something that i was not debating in the first place.

Maybe “wrong” does mean something different here, because I don’t see the need to deal with topics in absolutes.

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

Fully a third of the population in Africa is under 24, the median age is 20, the lowest risk group for COVID. Compare with Italy, where the media age is ~50.

1 Like

That might (partly) explain the reported deaths there - three (3) in all of sub-Sahara Africa. It does nothing to explain the almost complete lack of cases (~150 total).

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Guess I’ll have to look for another general contractor.

There is, of course, a third path. (Well, there are tons of paths.)

Those who know Cigarettes are dangerous for their health, but who can’t stop smoking them; even though they have tried many, many times. So they accept that they are damaging their health and keep trying to stop even though they can’t.

Cigarettes are a very, very addictive substance, both physically and mentally; and not everyone can quit them, even with help. Heaven forbid that you have adverse reactions to the drugs that help people quit; and even the vape pens.

And no, for the record, I don’t smoke.

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

It still needs an “Acknowledge Dissonance and Carry On” path.

From an addicted smoker. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OH I didn’t know there was a UK Alex Jones. I much prefer the UK version.

2 Likes

That’s the “Change Perception of Action” path.

1 Like

Except I’m not changing the perception of my action.

Smoking is bad for me yet I continue to smoke.

2 Likes

You’ve changed your perception. It’s “not that” bad.

Maybe you prefer more cigarettes and fewer revolutions. I feel the same about some things :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lack of medical infrastructure and testing facilities may, though.

2 Likes

Exactly the point I was making. The lack of case reporting in sub-Sahara Africa in the WHO sitreps is accurate based on the information WHO is getting, but I believe it is inaccurate due to the lack of ability (or interest?) to gather the data to the same resolution in other countries. I suspect the same may be true for Russia.

In other words, the SitReps accurately reflect inaccurate data. Which is NOT to say the SitReps are useless.

5 Likes

It’s in front of an H-E-B, so presumably this is Texas Man. But he’d be more convincing had he delivered his missive from the inside of his truck.

I think even Jones is on board, or at least pretending to be.

2 Likes

You’ve no idea what I perceive or think. And we’re off topic…

1 Like

I concede it’s somewhat tautological, but by definition if you have low dissonance, you don’t think its that bad, or, if you do, you dont think it being bad is bad.