Man boasts about being smart, gets first question wrong on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"

Probably not, but you’re definitely in the minority at least if you’re also a city-dweller. The first time I went to one I got lost and overwhelmed. I’m a “go into a small store and directly to the thing you want to buy” kind of shopper and so I don’t find it an enjoyable experience at all. But it seems most people, even those who don’t like the stores, have been at least once.

10 Likes

I really wouldn’t bash teens for not knowing about outdoors

40 Likes

I’ve never heard of a “meatball break” before, but it sure sounds like it exists next to “tea-bagging” and “salad-tossing”.

7 Likes

If only there was a cougher in the audience.

7 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

I have an IQ of 197. I know this because I took a precisely calibrated 7 question quiz on FB that may or may not have been a phishing attempt!

14 Likes

Paris isn’t wrong.
http://www.ballsrestaurant.fr/

Or London.

But, if you can’t afford a nice kitchen, you often can’t afford trips to Europe.

balls

7 Likes

10 Likes

The first time I went to one (Quebec), I declared it “Disneyland for Adults” and vowed to go to one in every city that had one. To say I love strolling around IKEA is an understatement. Plus, bonus MEATBALLS & LINGONBERRIES. When they cross-paired with LEGO last year I tweaked out. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

A 'Curb Your Enthusiasm" moment. The sad thing is that game shows coach the contestants, urging them to show liveliness and enthusiasm.

4 Likes

I’ve heard of that one! Cats score 162 on average!

4 Likes

Indeed; the intentionally labyrinthine layout of most IKEAs is very off-putting to me.

Taking longer than necessary to get to the cashiers/exit is NOT going to make me want to buy more stuff along the way.

9 Likes

Of course since the contestant himself was the one who implied otherwise I don’t feel particularly charitable in my estimate of his overall intelligence either.

5 Likes

There are cut-throughs with easy-to-decipher maps to show how to get pretty much anywhere from where you are via the quickest route. IKEA is like so much in life: seems overwhelming at first, but there are signs if you know to look for them!

15 Likes

This reminds me of how Cliff Clavin lost on Jeopardy.

3 Likes

This reminds me of every time I refer to myself as my moniker, Loudmouth. Moreover, this reminds me of the time my sophomore year in high school when I entered my prime number generating program into a computer science contest, expecting to win, patting the backs of my cohorts, assuring us of victory… possibly a 2nd place finish… No, surely 3rd, no. And then I realized I forgot to remove the numbers divisible of 7. Our CompSci teacher actually laughed at my sudden change in demeanor.

7 Likes

It should however allow you to infer from common knowledge that

a) IKEA is a Swedish company
b) kitchens are not a feature that are a common tourist attraction in Rome, which instead attracts tourists for its ruins and museums, the Vatican and general lifestyle
c) meatballs are not an Italian staple but rather an Italian American one and even in Italy they’re not common in Roman cuisine
d) meatballs are very much a Swedish staple, indeed probably the most stereotypically Swedish dish

None of the above I would call trivia, just general knowledge and any halfway intelligent person should be able to infer from that alone what the right answer is

3 Likes

It’s also notorious as a relationship tester.

8 Likes

Well there’s book smarts and there’s street smarts. Guess he’s got plenty of book smarts.