Man builds "BlowJob Robot"

5 Likes

I’d love to see the scene where Robert Ford sits around the lab drinking and reminiscing with that one.

3 Likes

Seems like a solution that is deep in the weeds of ‘point of diminishing returns’; but I find it a trifle curious how perceptions of sex toys seem to go from ‘all fun and wonderful unless you are some kind of prude’ to ‘zOMG Squick!’ as the designer tries for greater detail, especially if biomimetic structures are required(sophisticated vibration algorithms don’t seem to inspire the same distaste).

Is it just the uncanny valley cropping up? Does adding too much detail count as an admission that you are grotesquely lonely and unlovable rather than just looking to get off? Some other factor?

3 Likes

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw it…

1 Like

Using sex toys is fun. Fucking a motorized manikin with hair implants is sad and nauseating even to think about. Just ask Ivanka Trump how she likes it.

5 Likes

He needs to include a battery pack so that can be used on location, in a back alley, a car, or behind the bushes, for that authentic ambiance.

9 Likes

Yeah that was pretty much my reaction… just was not awake enough to state as elegantly as you just did.

2 Likes

I like a good sex toy as much as the next guy, but this is just sad and creepy.

O_o

5 Likes

I’m really suprised by the shaming here. I mean it’s a sex toy. It seems like a great idea. Some people in this can’t relate to society easily and face the prospects (either by choice or do to an actual condition) of never having that intimate act being done to them. Why is it wrong to want that experience? Why would it be wrong for anyone to want to experience that? And further what about people who issues with orgasm control. This might be one of those perfect devices to learn control with a simulated partner.
Why yes, I’m a pervert but I’d be interested in trying this device. I wonder how lifelike it really is. But ultimately it would be for science. Some people might actually need something like this.

2 Likes

Next!

1 Like

once this technology is perfected, a lot more people are going to be a lot more open minded about it, i guarantee it.

5 Likes

this guy thinks he’s too good for a roomba?

2 Likes

You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought.

3 Likes

I feel the same way about most elaborate technical attempts to capture “realism” of the commonplace. Like wasting CGI to achieve photo-realism in movies, down to tacky pink sex toys with hair which resemble disembodied organs. The technology is usually interesting because it has other capabilities which didn’t exist before. Like how the TB303 was a dismal failure at replicating the sound and feel of a human playing a bass guitar, but a brilliant success once people figured out that they could explore its own artefacts and idiosyncrasies instead.

For instance, I was in a discussion a few years back about Fleshlights, and I said that I was disappointed that they had retired their neutral-orifice toy. But the others disagreed, and insisted that the vagina, mouth, or butt ones were all better. Why? “Because I like vagina.” Yes, that’s cool, but this isn’t a vagina, is it? It’s a rubber sleeve in a tube. “But I like vagina…” To me the obviously superior choice would be the one that isn’t trying to be something else. Somebody using and enjoying the toy is not sad, but clinging to that illusion that it is part of a fantasy disembodied body I think is a bit sad. Likewise an insertable toy such a Lelo or Bad Dragon benefits from modern technology and materials and great design without the burden of being anything ersatz.

One person’s imagination aid is another’s incredibly tacky turnoff.

1 Like

Or, “Hey you two, get a roomba!”

2 Likes

For some of us, it’s not that it’s a sex toy. It’s that it’s a poorly/minimally constructed, horrible looking sex toy - even with wig and coat.

Even the traditional inflatable girls look better than that, at a fraction of the cost.

For example, if I were a tailpipe fetishist, for $4k it better be one off a Lamborghini, not Fred Sanford’s pickup truck.

4 Likes

You hear that Elizabeth? I’m coming to join you.

4 Likes

What would perfected look like?

I think most of the people are shaming anyone who might even consider purchasing such a device. I get the poor construction angle, but IMHO it seems like it might actually have a great construction versus price angle. The wig and the coat make it seem lifelike. Put on some music and dim the lights and assuming the feeling is right, I suspect most men would not be able to tell the difference.