Man builds fence to restrain his dog. It doesn't work

My dog could escape San Quentin just for the heck of it. These two will never be seen as ‘containment issues’.

2 Likes

In his defence, he probably wanted to make sure he got the whole jump in shot, since the video is painfully obviously staged.

6 Likes

Yeah, I can’t be 100% certain, but it does seem like a set up, careful to have the camera pointed in the right direction for where the dog is already known to jump the fence when left out. Could be a video someone found and just added a fake narration, the way people add “I found my dog doing this” fake text to pictures.

1 Like

Hey, Stella, the damn dog got out!

Funny video. Anyone else think it was a staged event (i.e.cameraman saw his dog jump a fence and construct the story and not the fence around that ability?)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Those “points” look like they’re a few inches wide, and even if they really were pointy, the worst case scenario is that the dog lands on them from the equivalent of a few inches’ worth of fall.

I had a dog that did the same thing, My dad had put in a 5 board fence and as soon as he was putting the last section on the dog squeezed between the bottom two boards. He spent the next day tacking up wire fencing around the bottom 3 boards and when he finished, she jumped it.

She never jumped it again either, I think she just wanted to let us know she could.

2 Likes

Looked great on my portrait-oriented monitor.

2 Likes

There’s a bit of camera shake where I think he lets go of his dog.

I still like the clip.

He literally used vertical video on a low, wide subject AND…

...literally had JUST built this fence to keep Stella in the yard and was admiring it..."

Totes literally.

2 Likes

Ihttps://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/trump-the-wall-just-got-ten-feet-higher/2016/02/13/5eb4a90e-d1f9-11e5-90d3-34c2c42653ac_video.html

You’re no fun dad!

2 Likes

The smartest dogs are often the most difficult to civilize.

And the dog will pay to build the fence.

Sounds to me like the dog park needed a fence made out of gates :smiling_imp:

We used to have a St. Bernard - English Setter mix. HE WAS A HELLION. All the intelligence and drive and general trickery of a setter, while weighing 120-odd pounds and with the dopiest grin you’ve ever seen on a dog.

He figured out the radio fence in a few weeks. He’d just sit at the edge where his collar would emit warning beeps without shocking him, until it ran the battery down and stopped beeping, then just walk across the fence no shocks or anything.

Very smart dog.

3 Likes

That’s true, although in the case of my brother’s dog, it wasn’t intelligence. That dog was not smart. He was just stubborn and brutish. I don’t recommend breeding a chow with a cocker spaniel. I’m not even sure how that happened. He was a funny looking dog, too. He had the mane of a chow and the oversized paws and floppy ears of a cocker spaniel. He could be fun, but he could also be mean.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.