“Man can’t change climate,” only God can, says Senate chair of Environment & Public Works

No, no, no, lynching African Americans was outlawed way back…

There was also the element of thwarting God’s retribution (much like the use of anesthetics during childbirth). Isaac Asimov wrote an interesting essay on the topic. He notes one thing helping along the evolution of opinion on the matter was that with lightening rods, brothels and taverns were routinely escaping the wrath of God, while churches burned down regularly. Who says the religious are impervious to reason?

3 Likes

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a rainbow in quite a while. I hope the deal’s not off.

3 Likes

I did vote in the last midterms. However, I am apathetic to the degree that I don’t care to move to Oklahoma just so I can vote against Inhofe.

3 Likes

But why does Boing-Boing post an auto-playing video? You guys should know better. Can’t wait until it scrolls off the front page.

1 Like

Got you covered:

I vote against him every 6 years, religiously :wink:

7 Likes

How’s that working out for you? He seems to be getting more popular.

2 Likes

Can we elect this guy pope or something? Second High Epopt of the Church of SubGenius or something? Just to get him the fuck out of our ostensibly secular federal government? In this case, it’s not just a metaphor to say the wrongness burns. There are people who will die here in real life because of this asshole’s faith.

I took it as a good sign that this new pope at least gives lip service to the global warming threat. Thousands of years of “man is immune from the laws of nature -only gods law matters” however, takes a long time to turn around.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people like brazenly ignorant people more than the meekly ignorant kind. Maybe it’s because they’ve got charisma behind their stupidity, and people confuse charisma for knowledge?

Well, probably it’s because he’s an incumbent Republican, and Democrats hold an enormous 0 statewide offices in OK.

Not that the OK Democrats sound like anything to write home about (by which I mean they sound like there’s literally no point in them existing):

The Oklahoma Democratic Party is made up of conservative, centrist and liberal members. Less than a third of registered Democratic voters in Oklahoma supported President Barack Obama in 2012, due to the larger proliferation of conservative and centrist members of the party.

But I’m sure @davide405 has a better grip on it that what I can look up on Wiki :smile:

3 Likes

I’m no spring chicken, but this antique f*cker will be long dead while we’re suffering the results of his ignorance.

3 Likes

I end up holding my nose and voting for the least objectionable candidate that makes it past the hideously restrictive ballot access laws we have here also.

The subspecies of Democrat that dominates in Oklahoma is called a D.I.N.O. most everywhere else.

2 Likes

…which is why I am an atheist. PROUDLY atheist.

It does work. My google-du was weak, thanks.

This guy is serious need of a Papal Smackdown
And the Pope is apparently trying to gather a posse with other religious leaders.
Now that will be an event.

William E. Fairbairn thanks you for the shout out

Man that was a long walk for a short jump. Seriously, the only name on the Wikipedia List_of_Martial_Arts that ends in “du”…

I’ve been thinking about taking up Bartitsu.

3 Likes

sounds like a long, lost Conway Twitty song.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.