“Man can’t change climate,” only God can, says Senate chair of Environment & Public Works

Try NoScript. Those videos won’t play without your permission. Sure you gotta build up a whitelist of generally trusted sites before things start seeming normal again, but believe me it’s way better than letting anyone execute arbitrary code from anywhere on your machine without any kind of limiting oversight.

3 Likes

I think the oil companies and the Koch bros. have Imhofe and his ilk in their back pockets. He may be corrupt but there isn’t anyone further down the road than the Koch bros.

1 Like

I don’t use Chrome but if you haven’t tried everything try the suggestions here:

Also uninstall any applications you don’t recognise and try cleaning your registry with CCleaner.

Failing that, back up your data, burn windows to the ground and reinstall.

2 Likes

i know literally noŵt about the Kocks, except that Wrong Kock once described Trent Reznor as a “gangsta rapper”.

This sounds just like the arguments against lightning rods.Only God can control lightning, the argument went, and we mustn’t erode our faith by trying to intervene. A lot of churches burned down before science prevailed.

I wish this guy would be kicked out of whatever church he tries to hide behind, right after he’s voted out. But he’s just the kind of loon the Koch bros love, so I expect we’ll be s=eing lots of him.

4 Likes

Such things actually make me wish that there is an afterlife for everybody. And when Inhofe meets God, the boss is like: “Dude, wtf? Why do you think I gave you free will and reasoning? Just to piss me off?”

4 Likes

Man can’t change the climate, so it must be due to all these women getting uppity and thinking they’re as good as men right?

/sarcasm

2 Likes

Happily, Inhofe is 80, so his political career is in its downward slope. Unless he pulls a Strom Thurmond.

From what I understand, they often invoke Genesis 9:15. That passage says that god isn’t going to send any more floods to destroy life. (and climate change leads to sea level rise – a “flood”.) Which, even for a biblical literalist, is a pretty fairly silly position. If the bible says god isn’t doing it and yet it is happening, who is left?

3 Likes

This is interesting: Inhofe understands that “archeological evidence”, “historic evidence” and “biblical evidence” are different things.

What he doesn’t understand is that one of these things is not like the others.

4 Likes

A toast to whatever brave adventurers managed to locate Thurmond’s Phylactery before he was able to regenerate, Liches can be nasty that way.

4 Likes

“Man can’t change the economy, only God can.”

“Man can’t change the poverty, only God can.”

“Man can’t change the occurrence of diseases, only God can.”

Hey, this works for everything! Why bother doing anything at all, it’s all in God’s hands after all. So we might as well fire this guy.

5 Likes

Well of course Google would say there’s no fix as easy as their own.

Search FF’s add-ons instead…there are a bunch of options.

Climate change and global warming are being caused by god.
Thanks Jesus…

4 Likes

Even better!

Very old joke:

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. “Climb in!” shouted a man in the boat. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. “Heavenly Father,” he said, “I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?” God gave him a puzzled look, and replied “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?”

14 Likes

I’ve almost posted that a couple of times recently… :smile:

2 Likes

That was one of my grandfather’s favorite jokes. He was an itinerant preacher.

1 Like

How many of you that are bitching in this thread didn’t even bother to vote in the last midterms?

Gee, that revolutionary “abstaining from voting” thing has really worked out nicely. /s

3 Likes

There should be a rule that if you claim people have no control over the thing you’re in charge of helping to control, you get fired immediately.

6 Likes