“Man can’t change climate,” only God can, says Senate chair of Environment & Public Works

Mr. Peabody can move a mountain. Or at least his coal trains could and did.

5 Likes

i laughed out loud at “biblical evidence,” and then felt very, very sad for our future.

7 Likes

One word, “Infinity”.

7 Likes

. . .

m-[

When do we declare war on the climate deniers? I mean actual war. I’m pretty sure we would have the backing of the rest of the world to put an end to these people.

7 Likes

Imhoffe doesn’t really believe that Bible stuff but he uses it to cover his real occupation: corporate shill. He’s one of those people who believe the lies they tell so he can excuse himself for grabbing as much money as he can in his lifetime, the planet and all living things be damned.

7 Likes

Doesn’t he know our treatment of the climate is a test from God of how we use our Free Will?

Anyone who says we can do whatever we like to the climate is doing Satan’s work.

4 Likes

Then god must be doing it to punish us for burning all those fossil fuels

10 Likes

Or maybe we should empty all the prisons as it’s scripturally impossible for one person to harm another as both are created by God and so both are impervious to harm.

1 Like

This, all the time.

He’s an idiot, in charge of the very thing he shouldn’t be in charge of.

Also, I hate auto-playing videos. Especially when I’ve got too many tabs open, and I can’t find THE ONE THAT WON’T SHUT UP!!! Sorry.

2 Likes

Do what I did the other day when I got so pissed off with the various ESPN websites that insist on doing this.

Type chrome://chrome/settings/content into your address bar and find the Plug-ins section.

Select Click to play.

Firefox can’t find the file at chrome://chrome/settings/content.

Yeah. I’m using Firefox. My Chrome installation has been hijacked, and deleting/reinstalling it doesn’t fix it. I’ve dug around all over my HD and can’t figure it out. It’s the reason I disabled admin accounts for the other users on this machine. Please don’t make me get into why I had to enable them in the first place. Short answer: spouse and kids rule, I have to shut up and color. No Chrome for me.

Edit: Google tells me there’s no fix for FF as easy as Chrome’s. Bummer.

1 Like

Meanwhile, the flat-earth-theorist in charge of NASA funding is scrapping the heavy rocket programs in lieu of a “just push 'em off the edge” approach.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure Imhofe does believe in what he’s saying. I think it’s the people supporting his campaigns that are taking advantage of him. Think about it; would you rather give money to a corrupt politician who could decide someone else has a better offer further down the road, or an ideologue who won’t waver no matter what? Who would be easier to control, a conniving opportunist or an easily manipulated idiot? And believe me, it’s a lot easier to find people in that latter category as well.

3 Likes

People can’t change the climate, only God can change the climate eh?

Funny thing about that… people made God tho bro.

6 Likes

This doesn’t work?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1012943

3 Likes

Maybe people are the instruments by which God changes the climate?

Or maybe we’re just at that point in Sim City where you get bored and start the earthquakes and send in Godzilla.

7 Likes

It’s clear what the arrogant hoax is.

1 Like