Colorado man caught with pipe bombs at home planned armed protest of COVID-19 orders, say FBI and ATF

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/colorado-man-behind-armed-coro.html

His threatening social media posts attracted the attention of federal investigators

6 Likes

Obviously he was going to use those pipe bombs for hunting.

41 Likes

Shocked, Shocking - Quark, Deep Space Nine

20 Likes

Good thing they didn’t have an Airlsoft Gun. Then they guy would be dead in ~20 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

Edit: I forgot to add that he would have to be non-white to get killed in that timeframe.

17 Likes

Was anyone really surprised that they found pipe bombs at the home of one of these PUBG cosplay wearing dorks?

9 Likes

He is very good people, yes?

8 Likes

Gotta be a real idiot to mess with explosives with out a license. That and machine guns get you a trip to club fed.

Especially when there have been two terror attack attempts/plans since this virus thing, that I know of.

15 Likes

He is. On both sides. /s

1 Like

You know, for your modern super animal:

7 Likes

“Domestic terrorist in Colorado caught with pipe bombs at home planned armed protest of COVID-19 orders, say FBI and ATF”

Fixed that headline for you!

10 Likes

What’s a good guy with a pipe bomb needed for again?

15 Likes

Funny how the MAGA-hat wearin’, “Blue Lives Matter” yellin’, Tough-on-Crime preachin’, party of Law and Order crowd seem to have so much overlap with the “Kill the Gubbmint!” crowd.

21 Likes

Dashing fellow.

I left my body when I saw that newscaster speak.

Good people on both sides, amirite?!

Blimey, Uncle Fester’s gone rogue!

In a pinch they can also be used for fishing.

2 Likes

Trump said these are good people, of the Michigan armed protesters who barged into the state capitol

1 Like

So. Not a gentleman then.

Isn’t it said that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb” or something like that.

Oh, Colorado again. Cool. Cool cool cool. Yeah, I love how we don’t seem to have quite as many heavily-armed, bloated, beet-faced posers as some other states, yet somehow we also have a weirdly higher concentration of crazy assholes willing to visit actual violence on a large number of innocent people. Always such a joy to see that in the news. Again. California has their earthquakes, the plains have tornadoes, the east coast gets hurricanes, but in Colorado, our signature natural disaster is people.

I’ve got this idea we’d find, if we looked, that the altitude does some really messed-up things to certain people’s brain chemistry.