Man claims he don't take no orders from no women

This guy is from Mars, that explains everything.

He is a refugee from the Gynowars, a veteran of the Battle of the Bloody Gorge. Many good men fell that day to the illogical rage of the women. Other, like him, were dumped in a refugee camp in the so called Friend Zone before he could manage a passage to Earth.

He fought for the freedom of all Martian men against the red gynofascist army and he is not going to take any shit from earth women!

11 Likes

No, we just need to terraform Mars. Future generations of Martians will never suffer the scourge of oxygen starvation again.

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad this guy could give me evidence for my belief that sexism is a mental disorder.

10 Likes

Many years ago a town truck clearing snow and sanding our street had some sort of glitch and depositied a 3 foot high pile of sand/salt mixture right in front of my house. Dangerous hazardā€¦

A lot of hard work and a bunch of plastic 5 gallon buckets later and I had it all cleared up. Iā€™m still sanding my driveway with it. :smiley:

Judging from the manā€™s attitude, 1912 or perhaps 1812 would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Seems he was sentenced to jail on a different charge, after a visit to a mental health facility:

Macho guys take note: make sure your momma knows your trouser size:

2 Likes

One of my fave jokes:

A professor tells his class one day that ā€œIn English, a double-negative makes a positive. In other languages, like Russian, a double negative remains a negative.ā€
He pauses, then adds: ā€œThere are no languages where a double-positive makes a negative.ā€
ā€œYeah. Right.ā€ drawls a laconic voice from the back of the class.

18 Likes

I wish there were video of the crime. Disregarding how the court ended up ruling, itā€™s he-said vs he-said. Except for the wood. Thereā€™s gotta be more evidence than that. The mysoginist does a good job of making it look like an accident. I canā€™t tell whether itā€™s true or not, but he definitely seems sincere. Since he did the wood thing, he made a mistake, either intentionally littering in a way that impairs the road significantly, or he didnā€™t tie down his load properly, which in my specific area is a misdemeanor.

Thatā€™s universal for any American accent I know of, since there is associated intonation and timing providing reliable implication of either an affirmation, or a sarcastic retort. Among other options.

Itā€™s negative concord - a form of grammatical agreement, not a logical double negation. While considered sub-standard in English, itā€™s standard in many languages, e.g. Spanish: ā€œNo dijo nadaā€.

2 Likes

I remember learning about those in spanish class in high school. It felt like a total guilty pleasure, being grammatically correct while talking that way.

My mentally associated song with that topic (thereā€™s a song triggered in my head for everything. Itā€™s like life has a background score. Iā€™d love it if I could actually hear it.) is the chorus of Lonely no More.

1 Like

Itā€™s delicious, isnā€™t it? (Iā€™m learning Spanish myself at the moment.)

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see him use that excuse if he gets hauled before a female judge.

Does Judge Judy still have a show?

That professor was Sidney Morgenbesser.

1 Like

Thanks - thatā€™s awesome.
(How come HL Mencken and Dorothy Parker get so much love and not this excellent fellow?)
The one about the pies is kinda reminiscent of the Monty Hall three doors mystery

1 Like

Hell, someone dumped a bunch of firewood on my driveway just yesterday. And I was happy to see it!

But it wasnā€™t free. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Another Trump supporter outed

1 Like

Yes, and what I was practicing is known as Deadpan or Literal humor :wink: it felt situationally appropriate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I just love talking about negative concord. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

If you enjoy a selection of concords, would messieur or Madame like to sample aā€¦ (Snicker)ā€¦ Flight of Conchords?

2 Likes