Man claims he was banned from all-you-can-eat buffet for eating too much

Heaven is certainly a funnier place with John.

Now you made me remember the fucker died. He had thirty more years! RIP, M. Bourdain, we miss you.

1 Like

Doh! I’d forgotten until you mentioned it :-/

The book was an eye opener for me, but I didn’t really follow his TV career much.

1 Like

The book and its follow-up, a chef’s tour were very fine, yes. His TV is really watchable, too. Smart, passionate and charming, he was a great host. Recommended.

2 Likes

No. They had been working on a basis of elephant-stomping on any case, until Delta that was enough. A case would show up, even passing contacts get locked down, a few might get it but that’s it. It was working quite well.

The wisdom of eating at a buffet notwithstanding, this guy’s a dick.

Somehow not the least surprising that he’s motivated by social media. You’d think if he has a following he’d chip in a little more money to the house instead of (metaphorically) shitting where he (literally) eats.

The Submarine! First time I ever got drunk! I was a soldier and the base newspaper had a coupon for “drink and drown” for, like $6 or something insane. If you ordered more than a few Dos Equis, they’d just hand you a 12 pack. Insane.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Texas. I moved here during the height of the pandemic and couldn’t believe how packed the japanese buffet was.

1 Like

come on people

1 Like
1 Like

He added that he is banning all live-streamers from the restaurant.
Fair enough. Can’t say I blame him.

1 Like

In China, restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

And, as I learned during a trip to Nanjing a few years back, so do hotels…

1 Like

In around 2012 or so, I had a damned fine meal at Tetsuya’s in Sydney AU, purely on the recommendation from the episode of The Cook’s Tour. At the time Testuya’s was the No. 5 ranked restaurant in the world. It was well worth the $BIGNUM

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.