San Francisco Bay Area restaurants charge patrons who barf at brunch

Originally published at: San Francisco Bay Area restaurants charge patrons who barf at brunch | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That $50 better go to the employee cleaning up the vomit.

20 Likes

They attract a classy clientele.

13 Likes

Reminds me of an anecdote from a biography about Herman Mankiewicz. (Also depicted in the movie Mank)

So classy…

8 Likes

After customers complained, the signs came down in July, but the policy remains — at the bottom of the drink menu.

Customers in the Marina District complaining about the signs - that checks out.

3 Likes

As a former short-time server…barf is the most serious cleanup problem you have? :man_shrugging:

poop GIF

7 Likes
2 Likes

Reminds me of The Double Down Saloon in Vegas. It’s a punk rock bar that sells puke insurance for $20. Any pukers without insurance are expected to clean up their own mess.

6 Likes

Makes me wonder why they don’t just serve something palatable…

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Actually , Home Plate is pretty good. Too bad about the customers.

Too much hair of the dog makes kitty release a hairball.

3 Likes

They really should put up a PSA sign about when it’s appropriate to eat after a drunken binge. :man_shrugging:

Owner Teerut Boon and his staff have witnessed their share of ralphers over the years. In late 2021, when vomiting seemed to become an issue…

Methinks Wegovy.

Talking to John on the Big Phone
Driving the Porcelain Bus
Yak
Ralph
Blow Chunks
Up Chuck
Heave

3 Likes

Yawning in Technicolor

1 Like

What if they don’t know who did it?

My career as a server was thankfully short-lived, and I never had to deal with that (outside the restroom). Even when I was slinging beer to coked-up fishermen (lots of fisherman, shockingly few actual fish) in a dive bar in Central America, so I feel like I dodged a bullet. For the barfing, I just pointed them outside, what a time it was!

4 Likes

Fine them for the wasting of good mimosa.

There was a legend on my alma mater’s campus that the theater’s vomitoriums were named that because members of the audience threw up in them during a performance of Marat/Sade.

I was a little disappointed to learn that’s a name for all theater passageways but from what I heard about that production it’s believable that a few people in the crowd experienced reverse peristalsis.

Chunder.